best antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mickopla View Post
    I did notice the F-EIWF1 showing on the website before so knew it existed but didn't realise it could affect by chances of contributing. I will try again this evening to see if it happens again. Out of interest is there any map or list of radar sites available as it would be interesting to see how many are in my area and where exactly.

Mike
    This Map only shows F-Feeders in the UK: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/em...c.k85xwBmHn0F4
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

I did notice the F-EIWF1 showing on the website before so knew it existed but didn't realise it could affect by chances of contributing. I will try again this evening to see if it happens again. Out of interest is there any map or list of radar sites available as it would be interesting to see how many are in my area and where exactly.

With regards 1090mhz data re: an Attic install it just makes me even more determined to get the Antenna outside. As a cover PVC conduit seems to be what others are using so what size am i looking for bearing in mind we can get very windy condition here? Today for example we had gusts up 80km/h.

Mike
      Mike,
      I dont know if you guys have gone metric but the old 3/4 conduit should do ok depending on how long your antenna is. It should be sufficient for most applications. Dont ask me to convert that to metric, hopefully you (or the store) can do it for you if you cant.

Regards,
      Gregg
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
        Mike,
        I dont know if you guys have gone metric but the old 3/4 conduit should do ok depending on how long your antenna is. It should be sufficient for most applications. Dont ask me to convert that to metric, hopefully you (or the store) can do it for you if you cant.

Regards,
        Gregg
        Yes Gregg we have gone metric here but still use imperial for some measurements. 3/4 of an inch diameter i would take as being around 2cm or 20mm.

Mike

Comment

• With regards the Antenna height does the tip have to clear all surrounding objects or the entire Antenna?

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
            It could be that your close to a really good Radar F-EIWF1 (Waterford.) and its masking your coverage.
            Although I also feed data to FR24, but I never bother or complain that I am rarely shown as feeder.
            We all have to understand that this is a team work, like football or soccer. The game is shared by all players, but few may be more prominent, like Goal Keeper or Captain.
            Last edited by abcd567; 2013-12-15, 01:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
              Although I also feed data to FR24, but I never bother or complain that I am rarely shown as feeder.
              We all have to understand that this is a team work, like football or soccer. The ball is shared by all players, but few may be more prominent, like Goal Keeper or Captain.
              I feel the same abcd567. Just to be able to contribute is enough for me. Its amazing that i can even track these flights as i'm thinking back to many years ago when i was a boy looking to the skies and wondering where these flights were going and now i'm help track them.

Comment

• now install SDR# and listen to them
                For official support use Contact Form

Comment

What's your T- radar ID ?
                  www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                    What's your T- radar ID ?
                    Its T-EIWF7

@Amper I would be interested to listen too. Is the process easy with SDR# ?
                    Last edited by mickopla; 2013-12-15, 14:30. Reason: Adding a question

Comment

Its T-EIWF7

You can snoop on the ACARS messages on 131.xxx MHz
                      acarsd running with a rtl dongle and sdr sharp .. win7 32bit quadcore amd cpu

They’re text messages sent from the aircraft computers to their airlines operations centers… basically telemetry data. Messages such as fuel onboard, engine performance, and what lavatories backing up. Messages can also be sent back to pilots, pilots to ground chat or other aircraft …

ACARS messages from 911;

DDLXCXA CHIAK CH158R
                      .CHIAKUA DA 111323/ED
                      CMD
                      AN N612UA/GL PIT
                      - QUCHIYRUA 1UA175 BOSLAX
                      - MESSAGE FROM CHIDD -
                      /BEWARE ANY COCKPIT INTROUSION: TWO AIRCAFT IN NY . HIT TRADE C
                      NTER BUILDS...
                      CHIDD ED BALLINGER
                      Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-12-15, 20:36.
                      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Its T-EIWF7

Very easy since you already have dongle and zadig installed driver.
                        Just install SDR in conf select RTL SDR/USB and that's it. You can listen to atc...
                        Bear in mind that SDR# cannot work if RTL1090 is on. For that you need second dongle.
                        Feel free to contact me on the skype in case you need help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                          Very easy since you already have dongle and zadig installed driver.
                          Just install SDR in conf select RTL SDR/USB and that's it. You can listen to atc...
                          Bear in mind that SDR# cannot work if RTL1090 is on. For that you need second dongle.
                          Feel free to contact me on the skype in case you need help.
                          My Desktop & Laptop both refuse to pick the 2nd dongle. The Desktop even crashes when I insert the 2nd Dongle in USB Port!
                          Because of this problem, I use SDR Sharp (SDR#) to listen to FM & Air Bands, only when I am not running rtl1090. I use a radio receiver (Grundig Satellit 750) when I am running rtl1090/adsbScope.

Sent from my N762 using Tapatalk 2
                          Last edited by abcd567; 2013-12-16, 05:46.

Comment

• Try reinstall zadig drivers for both interfaces on PC.
                            I didn't try 2 dongle option, but i read about it couple a days ago. Read this article http://www.hamradioscience.com/using...ticks-for-sdr/ .
                            Instalation is the same but you don't use multiple instances of sdr#
                            I have FR24 box for ADS-B, i use dongle for ATC listening, so there was no need for second dongle
                            Last edited by Amper; 2013-12-16, 01:07. Reason: Link added

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                              Try reinstall zadig drivers for both interfaces on PC.
                              I didn't try 2 dongle option, but i read about it couple a days ago. Read this article http://www.hamradioscience.com/using...ticks-for-sdr/ .
                              I have FR24 box for ADS-B, i use dongle for ATC listening, so there was no need for second dongle
                              Thanks. I tried zadig reinstall on both computers, problem stays. Since I have a sensetive radio receiver, I did not break my head any further to run 2 dongles simultaneously.

Comment

Thanks. I tried zadig reinstall on both computers, problem stays. Since I have a sensetive radio receiver, I did not break my head any further to run 2 dongles simultaneously.

Next thing on my wish list

Comment

Working...
                                X