best antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO IN-LNE AMPLIFIER
    Trial run of CoCo (Coaxial Collinear) Antenna, comprising of three-and-half, 1/2-wavelength sections

Cable length between antenna & DVB-T USB Receiver = 11 feet (3.5 meters)

Cable used for Antenna as well as the feed line is RG6, which is commonly available at all cable/satellite TV stores.
    This commonly available cable has FPE (Foamed Polyeathylene) insulation of the core, which has a velocity factor of 0.8.
    The impedance of this cable is 75 ohms, which matches with the input impedance of DVB-T USB Dongle (75 ohms input).

NO IN-LNE AMPLIFIER

DSC02845R.jpg CoCo-No Amplifier-Coverage-48hr-trial run.jpg DSC02846R.jpg DSC02847R.jpg
    Last edited by abcd567; 2013-11-21, 18:24.

Comment

• WITH IN-LNE AMPLIFIER
      Trial run of CoCo (Coaxial Collinear) Antenna, comprising of three-and-half, 1/2-wavelength sections

Cable length between antenna & DVB-T USB Receiver = 11 feet (3.5 meters)

Cable used for Antenna as well as the feed line is RG6, which is commonly available at all cable/satellite TV stores.
      This commonly available cable has FPE (Foamed Polyeathylene) insulation of the core, which has a velocity factor of 0.8.
      The impedance of this cable is 75 ohms, which matches with the input impedance of in-Line Amplifier (75 ohms) as well as impedance of DVB-T USB Dongle (75 ohms input).

WITH IN-LNE AMPLIFIER

DSC02845R.jpg CoCo+Amplifier-Coverage-48hrs trial run.jpg DSC02842R.jpg DSC02843R.jpg DSC02844R.jpg
      Last edited by abcd567; 2013-11-21, 18:25.

Comment

• Remove the short at the top, and replace with a 1/4 whip.... You can then remove the dc blocking cap, and associated losses...
        LOVE the recycled splitter idea, ill be stealing that! ;-)

Nice to see homebrew projects in detail... Kudos to you.

Any idea if the amp will run on 12vdc?
        Thanks

Sent using Tapatalk from my ZX81

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster View Post
          Remove the short at the top, and replace with a 1/4 whip.... You can then remove the dc blocking cap, and associated losses...
          LOVE the recycled splitter idea, ill be stealing that! ;-)

Nice to see homebrew projects in detail... Kudos to you.

Any idea if the amp will run on 12vdc?
          Thanks

Mine does, but I'll be changing to a 15v supply when I get around to it (might get a bit more gain)

Comment

• Great thanks.. Im a radio amateur, and have 13.8vdc next to the pc! Guess im going shopping tomorrow!

Comment

... LOVE the recycled splitter idea, ill be stealing that! ;-)
              ...Nice to see homebrew projects in detail... Kudos to you.
              ....Any idea if the amp will run on 12vdc? .....
              Thanks for the compliments.
              It should work on 12V DC. These amplifiers have some tolerance limits. May be the Gain is a bit reduced due to lower voltage. I remember someone ( I think peterhr) stating in this forum that he is using 12V DC and it is working OK, but he said he will change to 14V when he finds time.
              Last edited by abcd567; 2013-11-26, 03:37.

Comment

• If u r going to shop for in-line amplifier and live in GTA (Toronto, Mississauga etcc) I can give u the address of store from where I purchased it for $4 only.

Sent from my N762 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Bit of a drive from the uk! Lol

Comment

• If the RCA D903 is ordered from Amazon or eBay, cost+shipment is between $10 & $20. One living in Greater Toronto Area can benefit in terms of cost & shipping time, but will have to visit the store as they dont sell on line.

Comment

Bit of a drive from the uk!
                      Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                        If u r going to shop for in-line amplifier and live in GTA (Toronto, Mississauga etcc) I can give u the address of store from where I purchased it for $4 only.
                        Is that A&A Electronics in Mississauga @ Matheson Blvd,? aa-e.com

They always have amazing prices .... I always pop in this place when I'm in the area.. and there is also a bunch of other competitors in the same plaza.
                        Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-11-22, 00:35.
                        www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                          Is that A&A Electronics in Mississauga @ Matheson Blvd,? aa-e.com

They always have amazing prices .... I always pop in this place when I'm in the area.. and there is also a bunch of other competitors in the same plaza.
                          You guessed very close. It is "Sayyal Electronics" next door to AA Electronics, in the same building. I do visit both AA Electronics & Sayyal when I need stuff like that.

Comment

• Sorry, I misspelled. It is with onr y not two y

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                              You guessed very close. It is "Sayyal Electronics" next door to AA Electronics, in the same building. I do visit both AA Electronics & Sayyal when I need stuff like that.
                              Yes and there is another called RTC all in the same building @ 1350 Matheson Blvd

AA Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Unit 8
                              Sayal Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Units 3-4
                              RTC Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Unit 10A

It's a candy shop of electronics !!!

And when your done there, if you have any money left, you can head on over to Matheson's Exotic Bar.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-11-22, 01:41.
                              www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                                Yes and there is another called RTC all in the same building @ 1350 Matheson Blvd

AA Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Unit 8
                                Sayal Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Units 3-4
                                RTC Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Unit 10A

It's a candy shop of electronics !!!

And when your done there, if you have any money left, you can head on over to Matheson's Exotic Bar.
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X