Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlejandroM
    replied
    power inserter for now, i open the two links you sent me i select ASKA (https://www.ebay.com/itm/221457117112) is the same brand as the line amplifier. i am just lookin for the AC to DC adapter to make it work.

i also purchased this one but has not arrived yet.

Get the best deals on Unbranded Semiconductors & Electronic Components when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.

also i saw this ones in amazon, i think are the same as line amplifier

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by AlejandroM View Post
    thank you, i will check and order it.
    What do you mean by it, power inserter OR Flightaware Antenna?

Leave a comment:

• AlejandroM
    replied
    thank you, i will check and order it. it takes almost a week to arrive.

so for now that is all =)

need to do changes in my other 2 antennas, but are in a different city but i am ready with the perfect set.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    AlejandroM:
    I dont think you will get any (or much) benefit by using the Satellite in line amp with Flightaware ProSticks as both orange & blue ones have built in amplifier, which is sufficient.

However if you want to try, you will need DC Power inserter for Satellite in-line amplifier, to be connected between DVB-T (Prostick) and Satellite Amplifier. You will also need an AC to DC adapter (AC to DC 12V ~ 18V) to feed DC to the amplifier through power inserter.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for ASKA PI-10 Power Inserter Up to 60 VDC 1 Amp 2.2 GHz Coaxial Inline Power Pass at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

If you want a good antenna, go for Flightaware 26" antenna (price $40).

With this antenna, use of the external filter (which you already have) may be necessary even with blue ProStick
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-09-05, 17:26.

Leave a comment:

• AlejandroM
    replied
    Well i have tested a few of things and the best was, flighware prostick with cantenna.
    azul-solo.pngcantenna.png

i try the line amplifier but only lost all planes i think i need the in line power to make it work.
    inline-amp.png

i purchased an antennas that are fixed to 1090, but worked as same as cantenna.
    antena-verde.png

used to have yellow stick with filter but, blue worked better, also tested blue with filter ( i know it has already a filter, and seems to get 1-2 planes more but dont worth the invest, so just blue alone.

so, what do you recommend ? i think i just need to test the in-line amp to see if range improvees
    Last edited by AlejandroM; 2019-09-05, 14:36.

Leave a comment:

• KriVa
    replied
    Hi!
    I'm looking to expand my ADS-B setup with a receiver for voice comms as well. I'm looking for a good outdoor VHF (airband) antenna, preferably one with about 10m of cable terminating in an SMA connection, though i'll take other options into consideration too of course.

Anybody with a recommendation?
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• AlejandroM
    replied
    awesome, today i received some stuff i purchase let see what can i do to improve my antenna. i am happy with results right now (230nm max) but lets play a little more.

Leave a comment:

• magnum
    replied
    such a single catch can be also a bad signal from somewhere else. My current setup is stable up to 150-160 NM
    And yes, the area in the middle of Germany is always busy. not only that Frankfurt Airport is there, also lots of routes are crossing this area.

So simply comparing the number of aircraft doesn't make sense at all.

Leave a comment:

• AlejandroM
    replied
    nice, i saw just one day you get the 314nm.

many planes over there!

Leave a comment:

• magnum
    replied
    Search for T-EDFH53, this is my station.

Leave a comment:

• AlejandroM
    replied
    can you send a picture? about the max?

my max is 250nm and i have 4 stations, only one have the cantenna and is the best.

so i want to find the best for each antenna.

but some are in another city, so maybe next month i will be there

Leave a comment:

• magnum
    replied
    But you might not have a professional analyzer to really measure your cropping efforts

I didn't go that deep. I just opened the cap at the top and looked inside. For me it works, independent if it's a single wire or something like a "miracle" inside

I have it mounted now on it's final position as i am not able to bring it to the outside.
    In combination with the blue FA stick (pro plus) i am close to the max range, also number of messages is where it can be expected. Why should i try to improve more which is not there.

Leave a comment:

• AlejandroM
    replied
    interesting, if is a cable cropped, then i have done the same.

i ordered a few of stuff to test i will post my info monday.

Leave a comment:

• magnum
    replied
    Nope, it's a single wire inside, optimized manually for that particular frequency

Leave a comment:

• AlejandroM
    replied
    Wow all planes are near you, awesome.

What is inside antenna? It looks like this one from ebay

Last edited by AlejandroM; 2019-08-23, 04:06.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X