No announcement yet.

best antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes you have to add a receiver location in the receiver location section just lon and lat and a name. Then in the receivers section above it, assign that location to your receiver it then it will work.
    T-EGLF8

Comment

• Originally posted by Breitling View Post
      On VRS:

- Tools
      - Options
      - Web server
      - 3.8 Internet users can see receiver range plots

On generated web page:

- Menu
      - Receiver range
      Originally posted by nliviu View Post
      http://forum.virtualradarserver.co.u....php?f=1&t=353

The important words are:
      It will only do this for receivers that have a receiver location set for them. It won't do it for merged feeds or for receivers that do not have a receiver location.

I did all this, still no receiver range plot. please see screenshots below

VRS option setting 1
      VRS setting-1.png

VRS option setting 2
      VRS setting-2.png

Map setting 1
      VRS Range setting on Map-1.png

Map setting 2
      VRS Range setting on Map-2.png

Comment

• your looking in the wrong place its here
        location.jpg
        T-EGLF8

Comment

• Did you associate a location to the receiver?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by nliviu; 2014-05-14, 17:12.
          Liviu
          A.net JetPhotos.Net PlaneSpotters.net
          RTL USB/dump1090/FreeBSD + Franklin antenna + PlanePlotter

Comment

• Originally posted by SpaxmoidJAm View Post
            your looking in the wrong place its here
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4095[/ATTACH]
            I am not at wrong place. I first reached the drop-down menu shown in your screen shot. When I clicked "Receiver Range", it changed to the drop-down menu shown in "Map setting 1" screenshot in my post #1074 above. Then I placed a check mark besides "All altitudes".
            Last edited by abcd567; 2014-05-14, 17:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by nliviu View Post
              Did you associate a location to the receiver?
              Yes I have already done it before writing post #1074. It is shown in screenshot "VRS option setting 1". I did not attach the "VRS option setting 3" with that post. I am attaching it now.

VRS setting-3.png
              Last edited by abcd567; 2014-05-14, 17:31.

Comment

• Check your latitude and longitude in "VRS option setting 1"
                lat: 43.580100
                long: -79.623600
                Liviu

Comment

Check your latitude and longitude in "VRS option setting 1"
                  lat: 43.580100
                  long: -79.623600
                  It does not work irrespective of the accuracy of latutude & Longitude.
                  I tried accuracies of 2, 4 & 6 decimal places, still did not plot the Receiver Range.

I have started to doubut if this "Receiver Range" works only with costly commercial Receivers like Beast
                  Last edited by abcd567; 2014-05-14, 18:44.

Comment

• In the screenshot you have
                    longitude: 43.580100
                    latitude: -79.623600

AFAIK, Toronto is in the northern and western hemisperes, ie. the latitude is positive and the longitude is negative (see the coordinates in my previous message)
                    In "VRS option setting 1" you entered a negative latitude (southern hemispere) and a positive longitude (eastern hemispere) which places you somewhere in the Indian Ocean
                    Liviu

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                      I tried accuracies of 2, 4 & 6 decimal places, still did not plot the Receiver Range.

I have started to doubut if this "Receiver Range" works only with costly commercial Receivers like Beast
                      Got mine working !!! YAAAAYYYYY THANKS GUYS

@ abcd567 .... I used the map to drag the location marker to my location, then copied the lat/lon from OPTIONS/GENERAL into the server software.

Heres a quick 2 hour plot... the circles are at 25 miles... on my coco

Clipboard01.jpg
                      Last edited by Rooster; 2014-05-14, 20:14.

Comment

It is not related to accuracy, you simply swaped lat and lon.
                        Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

In the screenshot you have
                          longitude: 43.580100
                          latitude: -79.623600

AFAIK, Toronto is in the northern and western hemisperes, ie. the latitude is positive and the longitude is negative (see the coordinates in my previous message)
                          In "VRS option setting 1" you entered a negative latitude (southern hemispere) and a positive longitude (eastern hemispere) which places you somewhere in the Indian Ocean
                          Thanks. I am not at home now (replying from my phone). Will correct mistake when I return home. What a silly mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by Breitling View Post
                            It is not related to accuracy, you simply swaped lat and lon.
                            Thanks. I am not at home now (replying from my phone). Will correct mistake when I return home. What a silly mistake

Comment

• Thanks Breitling & nliviu
                              I swaped the Longitude/Latitude entries, and VRS started plotting receiver range

After running VRS for 2 hours, I shutdown the computer, and went to bed.
                              Morning when I restarted the computer and VRS, I found that last night's plot is gone and VRS is plotting receiver range from scratch.
                              Last night's 2 hours gone

This does not happen with adsbScope, it saves the receiver range data when shutting down.
                              Is there a way to save the receiver range data at shutdown of VRS?
                              Last edited by abcd567; 2014-05-15, 14:58.

Comment

Thanks Breitling & nliviu
                                I swaped the Longitude/Latitude entries, and VRS started plotting receiver range

After running VRS for 2 hours, I shutdown the computer, and went to bed.
                                Morning when I restarted the computer and VRS, I found that last night's plot is gone and VRS is plotting receiver range from scratch.
                                Last night's 2 hours gone

This does not happen with adsbScope, it saves the receiver range data when shutting down.
                                Is there a way to save the receiver range data at shutdown of VRS?
                                Why would you want to ? Just do a screen grab... "prtscn" then PASTE into any graphic package

Comment

Working...
                                X