- Web server
    - 3.8 Internet users can see receiver range plots

On generated web page:

- Menu
    - Receiver range
    Originally posted by nliviu View Post
    http://forum.virtualradarserver.co.u....php?f=1&t=353

The important words are:
    It will only do this for receivers that have a receiver location set for them. It won't do it for merged feeds or for receivers that do not have a receiver location.

I did all this, still no receiver range plot. please see screenshots below

VRS option setting 1
    VRS setting-1.png

VRS option setting 2
    VRS setting-2.png

Map setting 1
    VRS Range setting on Map-1.png

Map setting 2
    VRS Range setting on Map-2.png

Comment

• your looking in the wrong place its here
      location.jpg
      T-EGLF8

Comment

• Did you associate a location to the receiver?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by nliviu; 2014-05-14, 17:12.
        Liviu
        A.net JetPhotos.Net PlaneSpotters.net
        RTL USB/dump1090/FreeBSD + Franklin antenna + PlanePlotter

Comment

• Originally posted by SpaxmoidJAm View Post
          your looking in the wrong place its here
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]4095[/ATTACH]
          I am not at wrong place. I first reached the drop-down menu shown in your screen shot. When I clicked "Receiver Range", it changed to the drop-down menu shown in "Map setting 1" screenshot in my post #1074 above. Then I placed a check mark besides "All altitudes".
          Last edited by abcd567; 2014-05-14, 17:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by nliviu View Post
            Did you associate a location to the receiver?
            Yes I have already done it before writing post #1074. It is shown in screenshot "VRS option setting 1". I did not attach the "VRS option setting 3" with that post. I am attaching it now.

VRS setting-3.png
            Last edited by abcd567; 2014-05-14, 17:31.

Comment

• Check your latitude and longitude in "VRS option setting 1"
              lat: 43.580100
              long: -79.623600
              Liviu

Comment

Check your latitude and longitude in "VRS option setting 1"
                lat: 43.580100
                long: -79.623600
                It does not work irrespective of the accuracy of latutude & Longitude.
                I tried accuracies of 2, 4 & 6 decimal places, still did not plot the Receiver Range.

I have started to doubut if this "Receiver Range" works only with costly commercial Receivers like Beast
                Last edited by abcd567; 2014-05-14, 18:44.

Comment

• In the screenshot you have
                  longitude: 43.580100
                  latitude: -79.623600

AFAIK, Toronto is in the northern and western hemisperes, ie. the latitude is positive and the longitude is negative (see the coordinates in my previous message)
                  In "VRS option setting 1" you entered a negative latitude (southern hemispere) and a positive longitude (eastern hemispere) which places you somewhere in the Indian Ocean
                  Liviu

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                    I tried accuracies of 2, 4 & 6 decimal places, still did not plot the Receiver Range.

I have started to doubut if this "Receiver Range" works only with costly commercial Receivers like Beast
                    Got mine working !!! YAAAAYYYYY THANKS GUYS

@ abcd567 .... I used the map to drag the location marker to my location, then copied the lat/lon from OPTIONS/GENERAL into the server software.

Heres a quick 2 hour plot... the circles are at 25 miles... on my coco

Clipboard01.jpg
                    Last edited by Rooster; 2014-05-14, 20:14.

Comment

It is not related to accuracy, you simply swaped lat and lon.
                      Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

In the screenshot you have
                        longitude: 43.580100
                        latitude: -79.623600

AFAIK, Toronto is in the northern and western hemisperes, ie. the latitude is positive and the longitude is negative (see the coordinates in my previous message)
                        In "VRS option setting 1" you entered a negative latitude (southern hemispere) and a positive longitude (eastern hemispere) which places you somewhere in the Indian Ocean
                        Thanks. I am not at home now (replying from my phone). Will correct mistake when I return home. What a silly mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by Breitling View Post
                          It is not related to accuracy, you simply swaped lat and lon.
                          Thanks. I am not at home now (replying from my phone). Will correct mistake when I return home. What a silly mistake

Comment

• Thanks Breitling & nliviu
                            I swaped the Longitude/Latitude entries, and VRS started plotting receiver range

After running VRS for 2 hours, I shutdown the computer, and went to bed.
                            Morning when I restarted the computer and VRS, I found that last night's plot is gone and VRS is plotting receiver range from scratch.
                            Last night's 2 hours gone

This does not happen with adsbScope, it saves the receiver range data when shutting down.
                            Is there a way to save the receiver range data at shutdown of VRS?
                            Last edited by abcd567; 2014-05-15, 14:58.

Comment

Thanks Breitling & nliviu
                              I swaped the Longitude/Latitude entries, and VRS started plotting receiver range

After running VRS for 2 hours, I shutdown the computer, and went to bed.
                              Morning when I restarted the computer and VRS, I found that last night's plot is gone and VRS is plotting receiver range from scratch.
                              Last night's 2 hours gone

This does not happen with adsbScope, it saves the receiver range data when shutting down.
                              Is there a way to save the receiver range data at shutdown of VRS?
                              Why would you want to ? Just do a screen grab... "prtscn" then PASTE into any graphic package

Comment

• The forum article http://forum.virtualradarserver.co.u....php?f=1&t=353 states very clearly this behaviour:
                                The receiver range is reset whenever you start VRS, or when you change server options that affect the plot (e.g. you change the receiver location), or when you use one of the menu options on the server to reset the receiver range plot. It is not stored anywhere, so you need to wait a while before it can give you a reasonable idea of your receiver's range.
                                Liviu
                                Liviu

Comment

Working...
                                X