No announcement yet.

best antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much gain can also cause this. Reduce gain of dump1090 to 20 dB and see if it improves.

Comment

• There is a reason they built a triple-filtered LNA for ADS-B: https://www.rtl-sdr.com/new-product-...mhz-ads-b-lna/

The reason is: broadband amplifiers don't work well for ADS-B unless you have your own filters to go with it and even then the above product i likely superior.

Comment

• Originally posted by matysldn View Post
        Has any of you used this LNA? range from 0.1 to 2000 MHz sounds great. I just instaled it but I can see a sudden drop from eg. 100 planes to only 30 and messages from 400 to almost 0. Ive tried with different power supply from 5v to 12v and doesn't make any difference. Any thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11215[/ATTACH]
        There is potentially too much noise around you. Having an LNA with this range increases also the noise where then the ADS-B signals are hidden behind it.
        Reducing gain can help a bit, but a filter optimized to 1090 Mhz would be better

Comment

• Originally posted by magnum View Post
          There is potentially too much noise around you. Having an LNA with this range increases also the noise where then the ADS-B signals are hidden behind it.
          Reducing gain can help a bit, but a filter optimized to 1090 Mhz would be better

Do I need a Filter? - Find RF Signals In Area

Comment

Working...
          X