• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice location

Comment

• @STR_EDDS:

CONGRATULATIONS!
      Your antenna is very neatly built. You are very crafty.

What gaps/wire spacing you used for the stubs?
      Which operating system your Samsung tablet uses. What decoder software you used? I am interested to run my DVB-T dongle on Android Tablet/Phone, but did not find a suitable software.

Comment

• @bezeefly:

Great performance with antennas indoors! Congratulations

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
          @STR_EDDS:

CONGRATULATIONS!
          Your antenna is very neatly built. You are very crafty.

What gaps/wire spacing you used for the stubs?
          Which operating system your Samsung tablet uses. What decoder software you used? I am interested to run my DVB-T dongle on Android Tablet/Phone, but did not find a suitable software.

first i have to thank you, you are very helpful.
          I tried to make the gaps as small as possible, the antenne is just another prototype.
          look at these pictures, you will see the gap in mm.

IMG_20150121_210535.jpgIMG_20150121_210552.jpg

The Android Samsung Tablet is running normal Stock Android 4.4.2.
          The App i bought for 1,5$ is https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ADSB.Pro&hl=us

Demo version is limited to 2000 packets, i received up to 2000 packets/seconds, so better buy the pro version

Comment

• Originally posted by STR_EDDS View Post
            .....I tried to make the gaps as small as possible, the antenne is just another prototype.
            look at these pictures, you will see the gap in mm......
            The 5mm center to center gap for a 2.25mm dia wire is very good, and difficult to achieve. Your "cut and solder" technique, combined with your skill, has made it possible.

Whenever I see your triangular scale, it reminds me of of my student days (pre-autocad), when I used a wooden drawing board, wooden Tee, rotring drawing pens, Faber Castell Triangular Scale, Staedler Compass & Divider's Set, Set Squares, Protractor, French Curves, and plastic film drawing sheet for making drawings.

The Android Samsung Tablet is running normal Stock Android 4.4.2.
            The App i bought for 1,5$ is https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ADSB.Pro&hl=us

Demo version is limited to 2000 packets, i received up to 2000 packets/seconds, so better buy the pro version
            My Samsung phone has Android 4.1.2, but no OTG compatiblity.

I recently purchased an RCA 7 inch android tablet for Canadian $50. It has OTG capability. I connected DVB-T dongle and installed SDR app, and it works fine. But when I tried to install ADSB app from link you gave, it says "your device is not compatible with this app"

I think I have to buy a costlier tablet & phone.
            Last edited by abcd567; 2015-01-22, 16:49.

Comment

• Costly thing makes one cry when he purchases it, but keeps him happy all the way he uses it.

Cheap things make one happy when he purchases it, but makes him cry again & again all the way he uses it.

I think I need to purchase a costlier phone & tablet if I want ADSB on my phone & tablet.
              Last edited by abcd567; 2015-01-21, 22:39.

Comment

• Ok we are talking about best antenna , But what i need to know is ? I bought the app at the apple app store and when opening it i can't see a Knob of the 3D as it is on the IOS app for iPhone and iPad what do i need to do to be able to se the placne Landing and while on the air ,The view from the cockpit? Regards Sam

Comment

• i would never buy a cheap Android tablet, the are very slow and bad quality, and have bad software support (updates..)
                  I also would buy never again a Samsung tablet, they full of useless bloatware that makes the system slow.

Is it possible to use RTLSDR with iPads?

Comment

• I bought an Apple iPad Air with retina display and very happy with it ,Will recommend it to anyone

Comment

• Originally posted by samibrahim View Post
                      I bought an Apple iPad Air with retina display and very happy with it ,Will recommend it to anyone

Comment

• Originally posted by YWYY View Post
                        Also here for 2 x 8 element co-phased

Alternative receivers, antennas, amplifiers, connectors, adapters and general technical matters. No Flightradar24 issues.

Alternative receivers, antennas, amplifiers, connectors, adapters and general technical matters. No Flightradar24 issues.

Mike
                        Mike,

You meant POST #2000 and POST #2001 of the thread and not Page200 and Page 201, respectively... :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by STR_EDDS View Post
                          Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't this there is a RTLSDR driver for iOS... so the answer would be no. There are other SDR's that do work with iPad.
                          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• quick update:

installed the 2,25mm dia franklin on my roof top.
                            here are the results, its ok for my location, in a valley.
                            12 hours plot. Rings are 100km

Zwischenablage01.jpg

Better quality link:

Comment

• @ STR_EDDS:
                              Maximum possible range (due to terrain), with antenna located near Flughafen Stuttgart (EDDS airport) at height of 30 feet/9 meters above ground:

Flughafen Stuttgart-heywhatsthatcom.png

you can check max range from your location by going to site heywhatsthat.com
                              choose "New Panorama" tab at top of page, then enter your Latitude & Longitude and antenna height above ground, and click "submit request" button, then on the generated map, click "up in the air" button on top right of map.

Comment

• nice, i think i hit theoretical maximum
                                Unbenannt.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X