best antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @abcd
    sir off topic, but will BFP420 supports airband freq for amplification? since i already ordered them too so i want to make that one also.!
    RTL SDR : T-VEVZ1

Comment

• Originally posted by charan View Post
      @abcd
      sir off topic, but will BFP420 supports airband freq for amplification? since i already ordered them too so i want to make that one also.!
      Datasheet for the transistor says it for use in high gain amplifiers and oscillators up to 10GHz. So yes it will work there, there might be a better choice of transistor but it will work.
      Last edited by SpaxmoidJAm; 2015-01-05, 10:30.
      T-EGLF8

Comment

• Originally posted by SpaxmoidJAm View Post
        Datasheet for the transistor says it for use in high gain amplifiers and oscillators up to 10GHz. So yes it will work there, there might be a better choice of transistor but it will work.
        Thanks..! any other recommended simple amplifier for this band?

Comment

@abcd
          The BFP420 as amplifier can work over a wide range of frequencies. It is best at 1.8 GHz (lowest noise).
          As Oscillator it can be used up to 10 GHz.
          See image below.
          Infineon BFP420-Specs1.PNG

It can act as amplifier at frequencies higher and lower than optimum frequency of 1.8GHz.

At higher than 1.8 GHz, it has reduced gain & increased noise.

At lower frequencies it has increased gain & reduced noise....better for air-band .

See image below how the Gain increases as frequency goes down.
          (9 dB @ 6 GHz, 21 dB @ 1.8 GHz, 26 dB @ 0.9 GHz)
          Infineon BFP420-Specs2.PNG

The full specifications of BFP420 can be downloaded from here:
          pdf th-R2.JPG http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/bfp420.pdf?folderId=db3a30431400ef68011425b291f205 c5&fileId=db3a30431400ef6801142769cd120763
          Last edited by abcd567; 2015-01-05, 16:14.

Comment

yes sir i can make that power inserter! and i've seen your pictures where you specified those splitters and parts. really thanks for that sir, helping me a lot..! i already have 100pf capacitors just need to buy inductor ! once its done ill update you on my build...!

update-
            i bought this inductor http://www.ebay.in/itm/5Pcs-Set-New-.../271523853796?

@F-EGLF1

Thanks!
            HOW TO MAKE A POWER INSERTER USING A TV CABLE SPLITTER, AN INDUCTOR & A CAPACITOR
            Power_Inserter_steps-2.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
              The BFP420 as amplifier can work over a wide range of frequencies. It is best at 1.8 GHz (lowest noise).
              As Oscillator it can be used up to 10 GHz.
              See image below.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5352[/ATTACH]

It can act as amplifier at frequencies higher and lower than optimum frequency of 1.8GHz.

At higher than 1.8 GHz, it has reduced gain & increased noise.

At lower frequencies it has increased gain & reduced noise....better for air-band .

See image below how the Gain increases as frequency goes down.
              (9 dB @ 6 GHz, 21 dB @ 1.8 GHz, 26 dB @ 0.9 GHz)
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5354[/ATTACH]

The full specifications of BFP420 can be downloaded from here:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5357[/ATTACH] http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/bfp420.pdf?folderId=db3a30431400ef68011425b291f205 c5&fileId=db3a30431400ef6801142769cd120763
              Fantastic sir ! now i'm even more exited..! and inline amplifier is shipped as well ! Thanks for power inserter pic !!!!

Comment

Why every one uses & recommends Raspberry Pi when there are so many other Open Source Boards?

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567
                  Why every one uses & recommends Raspberry Pi when there are so many other Open Source Boards?

Well the Raspberry Pi seems to be the favorite of everyone, it's what FlightAware is using in their FlightFeeder radios. I took mine apart to see what they were using... see here: http://ads-b.ca/fa/
                  www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                    Well the Raspberry Pi seems to be the favorite of everyone, it's what FlightAware is using in their FlightFeeder radios. I took mine apart to see what they were using... see here: http://ads-b.ca/fa/
                    All I can say is crude! Can they not even get the led holes in a straight line?
                    I hope they did not charge you a lot for that lash-up.
                    Ben.
                    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
                      All I can say is crude! Can they not even get the led holes in a straight line?
                      I hope they did not charge you a lot for that lash-up.
                      Ben.
                      It's their equipment that they sent me, I'm just hosting it on my tower for about a year now. It's very much 'home made' yes and a prototype ... but it's been working very well for the past year. They did not cheap-out on the radio... that's a high end and expensive Mode-S Beast radio card inside that box.

Flight Tracking Hardwareprodukte & Softwarelösungen Felderprobt – Hochpräzise – Einzigartig jetvision ist auf der renommierten Luftfahrt-Messe. Besuchen Sie uns in Halle A4, Stand 109 für Infos & Tipps zu... ADS-B, FLARM und Helium Hardware Flight

They just introduced a new receiver that has a metal enclosure.. this is an official radio that will also be for sale, much like that Radarcape.
                      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• One more, which was missed out in my last post, the Banana Pi.

It is a good one, with 1 GB memory & builtin WiFi, all in $49.99

http://www.amazon.com/Pi--Banana-Mai..._1420642406534

Last edited by abcd567; 2015-01-07, 16:32.

Comment

• Here is an interesting comparison of Raspberry & Banana.

Raspberry Pi vs Banana Pi: http://raspi.tv/2014/banana-pi-review-first-impressions (read comments also, tedious but useful).

Raspberry Pi B+ vs Banana PRO: http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/10....ry-pi-model-b/
                          Last edited by abcd567; 2015-01-07, 19:09.

Comment

• Claim of Banana Pi manufacturer "SinoVoip Co." against Banana Pro manufacturer "Lemaker":
                            The clarification of Banana PI fake news:About The Banana PRO in the market_banana pi single board computer,smart router ,open-source hardware for IoT ,STEAM education

Website of Banana Pro manufacturer "Lemaker":

Comment

• Well the Sky is the limit when it comes to the Pi .. or is it? Check this out... these guys sent one up over 116,000 feet (35.5Km) to the edge of space!

superman2-1024x582.png
                              www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Any opinion about / experience of:

Beaglebone-124x157.jpeg ... OR ... [ATTACH=CONFIG]5369[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X