No announcement yet.

best antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found one antenna from India, but don't know how it competes in quality, built, performance & price with Chinese one.
    Found it by googling "1090 mhz antenna 9 dB".

The site has a provision to enquire the price (the ? mark on extreme right of the table or Enquiry tab).

Two models for 1090 Mhz: 9 dB & 12 dB
    http://www.antennaexperts.in/product...-antenna&id=36

Also see their interesting home page http://www.antennaexperts.in/.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2014-09-18, 05:24.

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
      Found one antenna from India, but don't know how it competes in quality, built, performance & price with Chinese one.
      Found it by googling "1090 mhz antenna 9 dB".

The site has a provision to enquire the price (the ? mark on extreme right of the table or Enquiry tab).

Two models for 1090 Mhz: 9 dB & 12 dB
      http://www.antennaexperts.in/product...-antenna&id=36

Also see their interesting home page http://www.antennaexperts.in/.
      However please note they do not provide the true gain on their datasheet, they use the rather more impressive sounding dBi as it is higher than the true dB figure, the Chinese ones that we had made were true 9-dB gain.
      Ben.
      Last edited by F-EGLF1; 2014-09-18, 06:45.
      FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
        However please note they do not provide the true gain on their datasheet, they use the rather more impressive sounding Dbi as it is higher than the true Db figure, the Chinese ones that we had made were true 9-Db gain.
        Ben.
        You are right. Until someone who has used these tells us, we cant be sure how good or bad these are.

Comment

You are right. Until someone who has used these tells us, we cant be sure how good or bad these are.
          Also for the maths minded, to clarify the Chinese ones are quoted in dBd (to convert dBi to dBd subtract 2.14, IE 9dBi = 6.86dBd)
          FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

You will have to ask Nic about that, I bought it through him.
            Ben.
            Ok cheers for that Ben. We did correspond a long while back I will drop him an email.

Comment

Also for the maths minded, to clarify the Chinese ones are quoted in dBd (to convert dBi to dBd subtract 2.14, IE 9dBi = 6.86dBd)
              Thanks for bringing to our notice that chinese one is 9 dBd, while indian one is 9 dBi, which makes indian one 2.14 dB less than chinese one.

On their web page the indian manufacturer has mentioned "dB", I now checked their data sheet and there they have written "dBi".

Mentioning gain in dB or dBi is a technique used by many manufacturers to boost the figures.

So in terms of dBd, their 9 dB one is 6.8 dBd, and 12 dB one is 9.8 dBd.

The big question still remains unanswered: a report about indian antenna's performancs by someone who used it
              Last edited by abcd567; 2014-09-18, 20:17.

Comment

• I have received a quote for Indian antenna. These are way too costly for an amateur. Here is their reply:

"Our antennas are costly because they are for industrial application not for individual. In case still interested here are our price quotes:
                -ADS-B-1090-9, 9dBi omni antenna. Each US$450, minimum order quantity is 2 and estimated FedEx shipping cost for 2 units is US$200
                -ADS-B-1090-12, 12Bi omni antenna. Each US$750, minimum order quantity is 2 units and estimated FedEx shipping cost for 2 units is US$300"

Comment

I have received a quote for Indian antenna. These are way too costly for an amateur. Here is their reply:

"Our antennas are costly because they are for industrial application not for individual. In case still interested here are our price quotes:
                  -ADS-B-1090-9, 9dBi omni antenna. Each US$450, minimum order quantity is 2 and estimated FedEx shipping cost for 2 units is US$200
                  -ADS-B-1090-12, 12Bi omni antenna. Each US$750, minimum order quantity is 2 units and estimated FedEx shipping cost for 2 units is US$300"
                  WOW !!!!
                  For the cost of 2x9dB units + shipping you could get around 40 of the Chinese ones or for the 12dB units 60 of the Chinese ones both including shipping and taxes.
                  And I thought the on-line shop link in a previous post was gouging its customers at 90-euros!
                  Ben.

Comment

I have received a quote for Indian antenna. These are way too costly for an amateur. Here is their reply:

Not forgetting customs fees.

http://fjhuahong.manufacturer.global...Bi-Antenna.htm

That money will have, these are the new Chinese.

B0448901191.jpg
                    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-09-25, 23:37. Reason: Post approved, not spam

Comment

Add customs fees.

China looks nice antenna.

1090MHz-9dBi-Antenna.jpg B0448901173.jpg

Anyone is encouraged to ask for money.

http://fjhuahong.manufacturer.global...Bi-Antenna.htm
                      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-09-25, 23:37. Reason: Post approved, not spam

Comment

WOW !!!!
                        For the cost of 2x9dB units + shipping you could get around 40 of the Chinese ones or for the 12dB units 60 of the Chinese ones both including shipping and taxes.
                        And I thought the on-line shop link in a previous post was gouging its customers at 90-euros!
                        Ben.
                        Very true.
                        What I make out from looking at their main page (http://www.antennaexperts.in/) is that their target customers are industries, government and military, and their prices are accordingly very high.

They were honest to say this in their quote:
                        "Our antennas are costly because they are for industrial application not for individual. In case still interested here are our price quotes:"
                        Last edited by abcd567; 2014-09-20, 20:28.

Comment

WOW !!!!
                          Ben.

I can contact a honest seller that has a good price, looks very good antenna.
                          I would be grateful.

Comment

• Originally posted by lexj View Post
                            I can contact a honest seller that has a good price, looks very good antenna.
                            I would be grateful.
                            It would be to benefit for all if you don't mind to post the contact address for ordering the this antenna.

Comment

It would be to benefit for all if you don't mind to post the contact address for ordering the this antenna.
                              Sorry for my bad English.
                              I meant.
                              You can get in touch with an honest seller that has a good price.
                              antenna is very good ..
                              I would be grateful.

I hope news of this seller.

http://www.taiwan-antenna.com/front/...ategory=388815

Comment

Working...
                              X