Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Scanner/Antenna

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a civil aviation airband scanner for my UK planespotting relative.

After some quick research I am seeing that the Uniden UBC125XLT & 75XLT come recommended.

My relative will only be using the scanner while at the airport they are spotting in to pick up tower and incoming/departing traffic

I would appreciate any recommendations for beginner scanners that will provide a good experience, especially for at the airport use.

thanks!

Just be aware that use of a scanner to listen to airband comms is still illegal in the UK - Just letting you know the risk is all.

Comment

Meanwhile there's live streamers at military bases either with the volume up or relaying what they hear..

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The UBC125XLT is a nice scanner, use it with a telescopic antenna instead of the rubber ducky and you will have a good coverage around a civil airport. As said look into the legal aspects of it since it can be illegal in some countries

Comment

Hey guys,

I have developed a chrome extension which lets you find the same flight on other flight tracking sites (Radarbox, Flightaware, ADSBExchange).

Blog Post
          Chrome Web Store

It saves a lot of time for me, so I wanted to share that with the community it is open source and all contributions are welcome!
          Source code on Github

Comment

Working...
          X