ads-b receiver in my area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ads-b receiver in my area

How can I tell if setting up an ads-b receiver in my house would be of added benefit to air traffic tracking in my area? I seem to be able to see aircraft on flightradar24 ok and can look out of my window and usually see the aircraft profiled on the website. But I would like to contribute to the experience if it will be of some overall benefit. Is there something other than or in addition to an ads-b that I could set up so as to add value to the system?

If I am not mistaken, you can still add value overall because your node can provide MLAT calculation (kinda like triangulation) for Mode-S packets

Comment

Originally posted by dkyyz View Post
      If I am not mistaken, you can still add value overall because your node can provide MLAT calculation (kinda like triangulation) for Mode-S packets
      Until they tell everyone to turn it off...
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Until they tell everyone to turn it off...
        Does Mode-S packets send to FR24 and they do MLAT calculation on their end?

Comment

FR24 client is closed source and they don't ever talk about how their systems work.

google mlat-server / mlat-client for an example of how MLAT can work.
          The guy who created it works for FA now (and has improved the code to be used for FA)
          adsbexchange is using a fork of that software which has been modified significantly.

Comment

Working...
          X