Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fr24feed with RPI Zero W version 1.1

Hello,
    I have the latest fr24feed image running with an RPI 4b and the Nooelec DVB-T SDR. I'm seeing aircraft and I can see my feed data.

I have an RPI zero W version 1.1 that I would like to run with the fr24feed image. Is this possible?

To test the RPI Zero, I've built a generic RPI image on a microsd card. I'm able to boot the RPI zero and login no problem. This tells me that the RPI zero, sd card and power are working correctly.

I'm taking the same microsd card from the RPI 4b and insert it into the RPI zero. Once I boot, I cannot login and the fr24feed software does not start. I do not see any boot errors. The screen flashes every few seconds and this does not allow me to get past the login/password prompt.

Has anyone been able to get the fr24feed image to work with a RPI zero W version 1.1? I don't want to waste time with the RPI Zero W if it is not approved hardware.

Thanks

Hardware differs between versions. And some Raspbian versions require specific hardware/vice versa (they build them around specific models and testing)

It is like moving a hard drive from a windows machine from 1 to another. Unless the OS knows it is changing, and to what. It may have issues.

To test the RPI Zero, I've built a generic RPI image on a microsd card. I'm able to boot the RPI zero and login no problem. This tells me that the RPI zero, sd card and power are working correctly.

If you have a 2nd SD. And it is running raspbian that you tested fine. Just add/use the commandline installer for FR24 to it. And edit the config file once done before starting the new-user signup process.

The only advantage over the Pi image. And doing manually. Is the automated setup. It was made to get as many people feeding them as fast as possible without learning SSH. But as you already have done some login/config. Have at it

Even better yet, manually add your sharing key and then enhance it / follow up with this https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...or-dump1090-fa
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
    X