AirNav 1090 dongle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirNav 1090 dongle

Can I use an AirNAv 1090 specific dongle to feed a Pi to FR24?

Are you asking the same as this where it was advised to check their documents?

https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...range-receiver

same as any answer.

If it is a device that provides network data that can be used. Or needs dump1090 to work

Then its the same as any other usb tv stick.

But that depends on how it works now.
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-06-20, 02:19.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

No, my first question was about using XRange receiver. I am asking if I can use a Pi 4 and use the dongle from airnav that is only for 1090Mhz for ABS-D

Comment

You would be better asking airnav or consulting their support paperwork to get an idea

you've asked about three different airnav products so far - do you own them or are you looking to buy ?

They are not known for good marketing and most here avoid them
        ​​​​​And in cases a generic device from China will do the same thing

More people trust flight aware products than theirs as they are generic sticks that have been modified with filters and openly known to use dump1090
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

If you are asking about the green AirNav dongle in the photo below, then YES you can use it with your Pi and dump1090. I have been using it successfully. It is just a dvbt with lna and saw filter chips added.

20200622_080333.jpg
          Last edited by abcd567; 2020-06-22, 12:07.

Comment

abcd567, thanks, that is what I was asking. Now to figure out how to program the SD card!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick N View Post
              Now to figure out how to program the SD card!
              You have different options

Using the FR24 image, using the Piaware image from Flightaware (which allows the usage of FR24 script also) or use pure Raspbian OS and install the feeders per script methos.
              For the last option it would be good having some basic Linux skills, but it's not very difficult.

Comment

magnum,
                Thanks, now more questions: I'm already running Radarbox from Flightaware on another Raspberry Pi I bought programmed. Is there any way I could use the same install? I'm not very computer literate. My area of knowledge is in the RF field. I use a lot better antenna cable and such as most do flight trackers, but when it come to the computer I usually call son in law. Any ideas?

Comment

Watch the terminology. Or things can get more confusing fast.

Radarbox is trademarked to airmav systems (per the dongle pic) who do radarbox and flightstick

Flightaware produces 'flightfeeder' and flightaware pro stick.
                  ​​​​​​
                  'flightfeeder' is a locked down boxed product. While their piaware (pi image) and usb stick combo can be used to feed others much like any home configured setup

So yes. Assuming you don't actually have a rararbox like named

Comment

Oblivian,
                    I posted a correction, seems it didn't go through.

Comment

Working...
                    X