Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse not working under pi24 cant access settings etc

Hi All
    got my pi24 software loaded and connected with flightradar all ok and can access it through my browser under windows ok
    but with a mouse connected to my raspberry pi under the pi24 software which is working ok i cannot access the setting using
    the mouse that is supplied with raspberry,the mouse is ok also the red light under the mouse is active but i seem to have
    no cursor on screen to activate settings or view aircraft tracked this is viewed on screen via the hdmi output is there any other
    way via the raspberry key board to access these settings.
    Thanks

If I understand correctly, No.

There is no operating system to display a mouse on a Pi unless you install something like XWindows or full raspbianOS

At which point unless careful feed software only appears in a box that stop when you close it
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      If I understand correctly, No.

There is no operating system to display a mouse on a Pi unless you install something like XWindows or full raspbianOS

At which point unless careful feed software only appears in a box that stop when you close it
      Thanks for the reply ,so then if there is no mouse how do you access the setting if you dont have a pc but only the raspberry through a monitor
      Thanks

Comment

Commandline / file edit

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

For Remote access and SSH, please see following posts:

- How To Access and Control RPi from Desktop/Laptop using SSH

- IP Address Finders

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
            For Remote access and SSH, please see following posts:

- How To Access and Control RPi from Desktop/Laptop using SSH

- IP Address Finders
            i"you dont have a pc but only the raspberry "

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

i"you dont have a pc but only the raspberry "
              In this case following two pieces of equipment will be required:
              (1) Monitor connected to RPi using HDMI cable
              (2) Keyboard connected to RPi's USB Port

only commandline for PI24 image as it is headless (no GUI).

Comment

And that'd be why i answered the way I did. As all of those were mentioned as the current setup in their 2nd post.

Comment

Oops! I have missed your point! Now I understand it.

Comment

ok i understand there is no operating system but if the keyboard can change using f1 f2 comand there must be a driver for the key board is it possible to add a driver for the mouse,
                    sorry if im still missing the point.

Comment

No

GUI - Graphic User Interface

A mouse is only used in a GUI. - Programs have an X-Y position to report
                      A keyboard is used at any stage - built in keymapping for each key. No position needed

Linux/Rpi basic = no GUI

Text based control and configuration. The only thing to change text, is a keyboard.

There is nothing for a mouse to click on when you are using console/text based system
                      Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-05-23, 08:03.

Comment

Im a jack off all trades and a master off none ,now i understand thanks
                        so what you are saying about the keyboard ,is it possible to have a key allocated to each
                        command eg key F5 =setting F5 =showing aircraft list.
                        Thanks

Comment

Add a screenshot to what you are asking.

Cause not understanding.

There is no settings page under linux to even press keys.

​​​​The only way you can see that stuff is with a web browser from another device.

Comment

Sorry im obviously not explaining myself very well ,im not talking about settings page under linux im talking about under the pi24 flightradar image
                            that appears when you plug directly into the hdmi port on raspberry and you get excatly the same screen layout when you
                            login on your pc but with the pc you are able to access setting etc as gui is present.
                            When i first got the raspberry pc i loaded the the raspberry pi image and used the browser with the mouse so obviously gui is present.
                            but when i loaded the pi24 flightradar image the mouse does not work as you explained there is no gui present.
                            please see photo attached this was taken directly off my hdmi screen not my pc
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That is the booted image status page. Nothing more, so you can see if it is working - Under linux.

its the first word on the top line to indicate...

Some pi have a small lcd attached that can display that. Still, no mouse or keyboard.

When you configure using your PC browser. The pc is running a gui. the web browser is the controller. The mouse clicks the fields on behalf for you because it knows to follow links to pages presented as clickable href links. Just like a normal website

And unless flightradar have decided to force a resource hungry gui on, it's showing those .html files as basic text. Not with a smart web browser

So no mouse or buttons to click. Only what it displays using text lines to confirm running.

That is likely why it displays the line with keystrokes to console. To type more commands and reconfigure via text input.

Tab with space may move selector to the links on the other side if lucky. But the whole thing is designed to be basic and isn't a standard website handler

Which is why the web config from other device is preferred/suggested.

In short, no mouse, There's no easy key presses. The ctrl alt f2 is a linux 'drop to console' thing, not a fr24 thing.
                              You have to use commands mentioned among the pages of guides after you drop to console

Comment

Working...
                              X