Can't feed data from windows???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't feed data from windows???

I noticed that my ADSB receiver has stopped feeding data to FR24...

A look at the log files finds some mention that feeding from windows is no longer supported.

My setup:
    SDR donggle connected to a raspberry pi to receive that data...
    That gets sent over to a windows machine running Virtual Radar so that I can see maps on my local network..
    Then Virtual Radar runs a rebroadcast server that the feeder softwar on the rasberry pi connects to to send the data to FR24.

I have been uploading data this way for a very long time.
    Now the feeder software refuses to connect to Virtual Radar re-broadcast server.

I know that I can have the feeder connect directly to the receive software (dump???? ) on the Pi.. but then I lose the features I get by running Virtual Radar server.

Is there a way to have both my Virtual Radar server on windows AND the feeder software on the Pi connect to the receiver program at the same time.

I would really like to keep feeding data into FR24 in the future.

Thanks
    Louis Poche
    poche@noline.com

Install the fr24feed software on the raspberry pi.

During configuration:

As receiver choose Beast
    choose Network

choose host: 127.0.0.1
    choose port: 30005

This will leave your current dump1090 running as usual, the VRS should be unaffected.

(beast protocol is used by dump1090 as data output even if it is not a beast receiver)

Comment

Thanks wiedehopf...

I will look into that... It has been so long since I set this thing up (like 6 years or more) that I don't remember a lot about how to configure it.

I do see that I have some old .sh scripts from before I set it up to work with Virtual Radar.. so I guess I can go run one of them to start feeding FR24 once again.

I can also look back at the web interface from dump1090.... it wasn't that bad.. not as full featured as Virtual Radar Server but might be enough for what I like to do.
      Mostly just to see what aircraft I hear flying over my house :-)

Thanks.

Comment

Don't use the old scripts.

Just install fr24feed for RPi as described on their website, you'll need the current version.

The VRS will not be affected, dump1090 will provide data to as many feeders or VRS as you like.

Comment

You have most the work done already.

Unlike most you are going to be simplifying rather than complicating.

All you want to do, is install the feed SW on the pi, (like you would for any other feeder) and send from there, rather than the PC.
          Everrrrything else will work the same as it does now as the start point has been setup.

Just do NOT select DVBT but the config from above.

You may even have fr24feed still on there as a bundle but not running. Check for it?

apt policy fr24feedUntitled Diagram (1).jpg
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Yea.. just looking at that.. time to move to the newer software :-) I see mine was configured in 2014 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              You have most the work done already.

Unlike most you are going to be simplifying rather than complicating.

All you want to do, is install the feed SW on the pi, (like you would for any other feeder) and send from there, rather than the PC.
              Everrrrything else will work the same as it does now as the start point has been setup.

Just do NOT select DVBT but the config from above.

You may even have fr24feed still on there as a bundle but not running. Check for it?

apt policy fr24feed[ATTACH=CONFIG]10607[/ATTACH]

I tried running the auto install .sh script... ran for a long time and then ended with some errors..
              This Pi and SD card have been in continuous use since 2014..... So probably due for a fresh install.
              I'm going to scrounge around for a new SD card and download the pre-installed image next.

Comment

Probably missing dependancies. (or the keypgp server)

sudo apt-get update
                sudo apt-get upgrade

That will being the OS versions up to date

Then do the wget manual method

wget -O fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/r...23-8_armhf.deb
                sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                X