• Show
Clear All

• sergsero
    replied
    Hello,

Thanks,
    sergsero
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sergsero; 2015-03-22, 06:36.

Leave a comment:

• kucengemok
    replied
    Thanks for such info.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kucengemok
    replied
    Anyone can explain to me about the dump1090's output? refer to arrow..tq..

Mode Dump1090.jpg

Leave a comment:

• kucengemok
    replied
    promoting your decoder too?

Leave a comment:

• sergsero
    replied
    Testing version v.20141128 ModeSDeco2 with receiver AirSpy:

modesdeco2_airspy_0.jpg

Leave a comment:

• kucengemok
    replied
    you need to go here..

Leave a comment:

• manojpjoseph
    replied
    Dump1090 - Sqlite

Hai guys

I am using dump1090 since long time. Thanks for the posts in this forum which were very helpful to me. I have seen a new version of dump1090 (dump1090-sqlite) in github

Contribute to DE8MSH/dump1090-sqlite development by creating an account on GitHub.

I want to test this but unable to create exe file since i dont have unix system. Can any body in this forum compile this and send the executable files to me ?? My mail id is
    manojpjoseph@rediffmail.com

Please help !!

Regards
    Manoj

Leave a comment:

• HermanZA
    replied
    Just noticed in the newer versions of DUMP1090, there is a command line option of: Enable phase enhancement with an option to enable.

Cant seem to find anything more on it... does anyone know what it enchances? (besides phase)

Leave a comment:

• sergsero
    replied
    There are new versions of ModeSMixer2 v.20140616 and ModeSDeco2 v.20140616 for all platforms in #6 and #7 messages of this thread.

+ changed the algorithm of determining of PI (Parity/interrogator identifier) - downlink field that have parity overlaid on the interrogator’s identity code and shall appear in the Mode-S all-call reply, DF = 11 and in the extended squitter, DF = 17 or DF = 18.

ModeSDeco2 may be used for beamfinder with PlanePlotter
    modesdeco2_planeplotter_beamfinder_1.jpg modesdeco2_planeplotter_beamfinder_2.jpg

+ changed the algorithm of processing of Interrogator Codes II (Interrogator Identifier) and SI (Surveillance Identifier) for data transcoding in RAW SBS format (--sbs10001)

For ModeSMixer2, due to incomplete support by PlanePlotter bidirectional data communication for starting procedure of SBS10001 connection, should be used sbs30006 output mode: "... --outServer sbs30006:30006 ..."

modesmixer2 --inConnect IP:Port --outServer sbs30006:30006 --outServer sbs10001:10001 --outServer msg:30003

I would be very grateful for your testing and feedback.

Thanks,
    sergsero
    Last edited by sergsero; 2014-06-18, 11:25.

Leave a comment:

• ea7hj
    replied
    Thaks sergsero.

Antonio - ea7hj

Leave a comment:

• sergsero
    replied
    Hello Antonio,

Thank you for using the programs.

I assume that best signal amplifier this is the antenna and RF input stage of receiver. Only at this stage can improve the parameters of signal using amplifiers for increasing signal to noise ratio.

In modesdeco2 is usually better not to use option --agc, that affect to automatic gain control in chip RTL2832 on the final (SDR) stage signal processing. Except that for loss compensation. The program has internal algorithm of gain control - separately fine adjustment for receiver's chip (R820T or E4000) and bistable trigger for RTL2832.
    Modesdeco2 dynamically monitors some parameters, as level of the signal and noise and calculates the instantaneous value of threshold. Adding to this process no way associated --agc from dongle, which acting according to its own rules usually only prevents.

Although there are an exceptions from the rule for specific antenna setups and it should be found experimentally. I think that the best way to determine the benefits of the option will be to compare the number of received messages with or without --agc.
    But in any case I will check in the code --agc option.

Thanks,
    sergsero
    Last edited by sergsero; 2014-05-24, 04:01.

Leave a comment:

• ea7hj
    replied
    Hello
    I like modesdeco2 and modesmixer2. I use modesdeco2 and BaseStation.

With modesdeco2 I hace a problem : The --agc opcion not work for me.
    The signal strength is the same with and without this opcion.
    Checked in VRS program.

I have a Terratec dongle with RTL2832 and E4000.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Antonio - ea7hj

Leave a comment:

• sergsero
    replied
    The main program I work on is modesmixer. Test it capabilities, and, maybe, it will be useful to you for data transcoding.

However modesmixer is a network program, although it can work through the USB/COM port with receivers BEAST, microADSB, etc. But it does not work as SDR. So in addition to it I wrote SDR-program modesdeco built on the same code architecture in C++. It is cross-platform and is available in versions for windows, linux, osx.
    All my programs don't have the installation and do not make any entries in the Windows registry. Executive file runs from the directory and stops by <Control-C>. And may be completely deleted if no longer be used, don't leaving no traces in the operating system.

I fully agree with you that if the current solution is fully satisfied, there is no need to change it to something else. Only perhaps out of curiosity to test... They "improved" can be considered only what modesdeco can be directly connected to Kinetic BaseStation.exe and modesmixer additionally and to Globe-S from jetvision.de.
    Maybe, in the context of the issue of safety of these programs, you could look the Russian website (and forum) of radarspotting - modesmixer and modesdeco (on Russian, sorry).
    Last edited by sergsero; 2014-04-23, 15:44.

Leave a comment:

• HermanZA
    replied
    Is it safe to say then: modeSDeco is an "improved" version of our famous and well-loved DUMP1090, but with added features and capabilities, like you have listed in a previous post.
    Would it be possible to keep the existing Dump1090 on the box, install ModeSDeco and give it a try (after killing Dump1090)? Once configured and familiarized with it, one can then decide to keep it, or revert back to Dump1090 (modifying the fr24.sh script if you want to change over).
    Have to mention: Its not that I don't "trust" your software, but I'm always hesitant to change something that is working, and maybe in the process, mess things up completely and ending with a total rebuild of the box.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X