Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fr24feed test build for SBSX receivers, RPI only!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudistu
    replied
    Originally posted by koro View Post
    After a long period of time i got the same error as before... "Segmentation fault" .
    Restarted and running again...
    Hi Ken. I know your post is from a year ago, but is everything running smooth now ? I am looking to buy a RPi 3+ to feed FR24 from my SBS-3 but I also want to be able to keep a feed to Planeplotter. I have no interest to run Basestation anymore. Thanks for any help !

Leave a comment:

• koro
    replied
    After a long period of time i got the same error as before... "Segmentation fault" .
    Restarted and running again...

Leave a comment:

• koro
    replied
    After years of struggling...

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by koro View Post
    It runs now for more than 14 days without any errors...

Tnx again for this version...
    Glad to hear that it's working fine for you now!

Leave a comment:

• koro
    replied
    It runs now for more than 14 days without any errors...

Tnx again for this version...

Leave a comment:

• koro
    replied
    Just installed this version...
    For the moment it runs fine...

Rpi with SBS-3

Kind regards...

Ken T-EBAW3

Leave a comment:

• JackyNiew
    replied
    Thank you Khan,

Best regards,
    Jacky

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by JackyNiew View Post
    Ok thank you Khan,
    During the configuration I think it will be possible to enter my FR24 share key?
    Yes, that is correct. If you run into any issues just write to support@fr24.com

Leave a comment:

• JackyNiew
    replied
    Originally posted by Khan View Post
    Oh OK. In that case just follow the instructions on build your own page and everything will work fine. Pi24 image works fine with the said usb receiver that you have.

This build that I have posted here is for SBS users. Since you have flightaware's usb receiver, you can ignore this build.
    Ok thank you Khan,
    During the configuration I think it will be possible to enter my FR24 share key?

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    I am sorry,
    I have a Raspberry pi 2B and a USB key (FlightAware plus with filter)
    And I would like to have the installation procedure to be fully functional with this receiver RPI + USB key and no longer use the SBS that requires me to have a PC open 24/24.
    Oh OK. In that case just follow the instructions on build your own page and everything will work fine. Pi24 image works fine with the said usb receiver that you have.

This build that I have posted here is for SBS users. Since you have flightaware's usb receiver, you can ignore this build.

Leave a comment:

• JackyNiew
    replied
    I am also confused now. Do you have a raspberry pi and a receiver? Or are you referring to FR24 receiver here?
    I am sorry,
    I have a Raspberry pi 2B and a USB key (FlightAware plus with filter)
    And I would like to have the installation procedure to be fully functional with this receiver RPI + USB key and no longer use the SBS that requires me to have a PC open 24/24.

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    So I did not really understand.
    I thought you had designed a complete receiver with the RPI + The usb key (FlightAware plus) And so I could do without the use of SBS and FR24feed software...
    I am also confused now. Do you have a raspberry pi and a receiver? Or are you referring to FR24 receiver here?

Leave a comment:

• JackyNiew
    replied
    Yes, that is correct. Actually you can use any raspberry pi image. You could use a GUI based version to make things easier. You can then download the test build and copy it there and install it. The command is sudo fr24feed --signup.

But you will have to use a receiver with your raspberry pi. Only running raspberry pi won't work. You have to use your SBS or any other receiver that you have.
    So I did not really understand.
    I thought you had designed a complete receiver with the RPI + The usb key (FlightAware plus) And so I could do without the use of SBS and FR24feed software...

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Yes, that is correct. Actually you can use any raspberry pi image. You could use a GUI based version to make things easier. You can then download the test build and copy it there and install it. The command is sudo fr24feed --signup.

But you will have to use a receiver with your raspberry pi. Only running raspberry pi won't work. You have to use your SBS or any other receiver that you have.

Leave a comment:

• JackyNiew
    replied
    NO, that's with the old version of the feeder software which doesn't work with SBS receivers. But you can use that and install the new version onto it. But right now if you were to download the image then it already have the feeder software installed and all you need to do is run this command to start setup process on your PI: sudo fr24feed --signup.
    So to summarize:
    I install the image "fr24-raspberry-pi-latest.img"
    I update with the file you offer in "test".
    Then I run the "setup" with the command "sudo fr24feed"
    It is correct ???

I do not want to use SBS because I have to leave a PC running 24/24. That's why I take the RPI solution...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X