sbs-3 sitting to feed fr24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b772er View Post
    I tried both downloads and there was nothing to try. I thing this is only for RPI. I am happy to see that they are working on this for us SBS/windows users.
    Donnie
    How are we supposed to know that this thread is about windows software...?
    Raspberry Pi is more or less THE normal platform for RTL-SDR in general and especially ADSB...

/M
    F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
    T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
    P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
    mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Can you gents try the new version out the last day or so on both platforms and see if it's got the fixes in it

Hope so. Should make for some happy sbs owners

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by MrMac View Post
        How are we supposed to know that this thread is about windows software...?
        The thread is entitled:

Forum: SBS-1, SBS-3 and Basestation
        Discussions about the Kinetic Avionic SBS-1, SBS-3 Real-time Virtual Radar and the Basestation software

BaseStation only runs on a Windows platform.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Can you gents try the new version out the last day or so on both platforms and see if it's got the fixes in it

Hope so. Should make for some happy sbs owners

Hi there,

Seems it doesnt work very well does it? The file is not there anymore. 404-Not found...

Comment

Few versions since my post now. Works for me ? http://feed.flightradar24.com/window...2_1.0.19-6.zip or ctrl f5 browser

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

This is what they link to from the "Share your data" page, obviously wrong. But thanks for your help! Is this one working fine with SBS-3?

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik View Post
                This is what they link to from the "Share your data" page, obviously wrong. But thanks for your help! Is this one working fine with SBS-3?
                Theory has it yes, noone has confirmed to know

but to be sure just create a new directory and expand into it. And copy your fr24feed.ini file in. Then you can always go back to the old.

Hopefully they notice and update that url too.

Feed.flightradar24.com is a good one to bookmark

Comment

Few versions since my post now. Works for me ? http://feed.flightradar24.com/window...2_1.0.19-6.zip or ctrl f5 browser

Oblivian,
                  I attempted yesterday to update my feeder to the version in your post (fr24feed_win32_1.0.19-6), using two methods.

Firstly I simply replaced the .exe file into my existing feeder folder but it wouldn't work, the DOS window entering an endless loop of error messages etc.

Then I tried replacing the entire folder which meant setting it up again via the DOS window but on reaching the question about using RAW data on 30334 it didn't matter whether I responded 'Y' or 'N' the result was the same, it kept repeating the same question over and over.

Looks to be a no-go, at least for my SBS1 on a Windows 8.1 laptop. I'll give it another attempt tomorrow as I wasn't able to this morning with Windows Update wanting its way with my lappy.

Regards,
                  Gregg
                  Last edited by fungus; 2018-01-28, 01:41.
                  YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Because it needs the full word typed

No

Comment

I'm still amazed after all these years how bad support we have from the fr24 team considering they are depending on data from us. Yes i got it most receivers nowadays are FR24s own ones but still lots of them are Raspberries and Windows ones.. and no matter you have your own receiver or "original" the network is driven by enthusiasts.

Working abroad at the moment so i can't try the new version yet, the old one still running like a charm so i just keep that one till god knows when..

Comment

No

Hmm..interesting, it never has in previous versions and I'm sure it was the same yesterday. Regardless, I'll have another try tomorrow.

Regards,
                        Gregg
                        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Theory has it yes, noone has confirmed to know

but to be sure just create a new directory and expand into it. And copy your fr24feed.ini file in. Then you can always go back to the old.

Hopefully they notice and update that url too.

Feed.flightradar24.com is a good one to bookmark

The changelog link after the new Windows version looks like the same as for Raspberry??

Download the latest software for Windows

2018.01.19 - Download version 1.0.19-6 (changelog)

Comment

They're ports of each other. So when one version is compiled so is the other

Windows one isn't as complicated as the Linux issue since it uses windows drivers and so on. But the initial new release was to fix the SBS USB issues. And just blew out from there on Linux.

Comment

No

Once again tried to install the latest feeder software version to my SBS1 and once again it will not work, refusing to connect to the unit regardless of install method- and 'Yes' I did have to use the entire word 'Yes' or 'No' That said, I can't say how the owners of the SBS1ER or SBS3 will go.

Regards,
                              Gregg

Comment

I've been running the software 1.0.19-15 for windows three days now with no problems.

Donnie

Comment

Working...
                                X