Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike
    replied
    The ModeS software only works together with your "regular" radar software. It uses port 30003 to communicate with the radar software. If there is no data to upload (no connection with radar software, or no aircraft in coverage) a signal is sent every 10 seconds to confirm that connection hasn't been lost.

Leave a comment:

• acseuser
    replied
    >>isn't it easier..."
    Sure enough, it is. But I wanted to see how the ModeS thing works :-)

-SR

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    If you're running PlanePLotter isn't it easier to set up the remote secondary server rather than use FR24's ModeS app?

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Leave a comment:

• MODE-S software <> PP = keep-alive packets only

I've configured (or not, as it isn't working !) PP to communicate with FR24's ModeS app. But, on starting ModeS, all I see every 10seconds is "Sending keep-alive packet"

The receiver is squeaking away, and the message log is showing decoded activity. I can upload data to FR24 using the 'other' method, ie directly from PP.

So, what have I not done? On start-up ModeS connects to 127.0.0.1:3003 OK, but that's it.

- SR
Working...
X