Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeding to fr24 without pc?

Hey, just a simple one.

Will it be possible to transmit the data ditectly to fr24 without using the pc software?

Or is it required to have the pc switched on all the time?

THANKS

Hi,

Yes it is possible by this equipment:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

hi, today i have installed flightradar24 equipment and attached to the router, what next to see online traffic..?

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
        hi, today i have installed flightradar24 equipment and attached to the router, what next to see online traffic..?
        Please contact support@fr24.com.

Comment

You should see your FR24 box Temporary ID on the "Radar: Rxxx" area for the data uploading from your box.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
            As a Feeder to FR24,.you can apply for Free Premium,.Which informs you of your last upload.
            and also shows you Data that you have uploaded.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

As Mike has often said in the passed,...73s

The FR24 recievers are the F- in the radar list in filter.
            Last edited by delcomp; 2013-04-12, 09:00.
            (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
            1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Beta Software available for Testing to Feed Flight Radar 24

I have written software which runs on Linux Platforms that can feed the Flight Radar 24 "Feeder" program on an ARM processor and export the data to Flight Radar 24's web site for distribution. I currently have it documented and running on:

1) Raspberry PI
              2) BeagleBone White
              3) BeagleBone Black

I have successfully tested the software on a high-performance Linux ARM called the ODROID-U2. I just need to document the installation process.

Currently, about 7 people are participating in a Beta test using this software.

The software I wrote has been under development for 3 years now and I have been using it to record data for the last 2 1/2 years. It has run about 4 times for over 4 weeks continuously on both a Beagle Bone (A5 & A6) and a Raspberry Pi model B. So the software has not operated for more than 6 weeks at a time. Hopefully, some Beta Testers will exceed running continuously for 2 months by the end of the year.

With the Raspberry PI I get about 300 nm range max. With the Beagle Bone (white), I get about 340 nm range. Your range may be less than mine as I live high up near the coast of Southern California which does not have as much "FRUIT" (RF interference) as in Europe (which reduces range). My long range values are all received from aircraft flying over the ocean.

Although the Raspberry PI and the Beagle Bone Black have HDMI, keyboard and mouse interfaces, I recommend AGAINST using them with my software running and instead "Log into" the device via Ethernet using Putty or some other SSH client from another computer (Linux PC, Windows PC, Raspberry PI or Beagle Bone Black with HDMI/keyboard/mouse). This is because "driving" the screen takes a lot of memory and processor resources away from my software which needs a lot of CPU resources - especially if you are shipping data to a Plane Plotter PC that is performing PP multilateration Ground station operations.

If you are interested in trying a Beta copy of the software, send me an email at blort.blort AT yahoo.com (blort.blort@...) and tell me what your configuration is that you want to employ. What type of computer: Windows PC (which version of Windows), Windows PC (which version of Windows) with Cygwin installed, Ubuntu on a PC (which version of Ubuntu), Beagle Bone (A5 / A6 / Black) (Angstrom) or Raspberry PI (Raspbian). What type of Mode S receiver: RTL-SDR, Beast, Transponder Mouse or Radar Gadget. I also need to know if you are using Plane Plotter as a Multilateration Ground Station or not. If you are performing Multilateration are you using strictly using Mode S or are you also using Mode A/C. In addition, I would like to know if you want to feed data to Plane Plotter, flightradar24.com, flightaware.com, RadarVirtuel.com , sdrsharp.com:47806 or any other ADS-B based aircraft position distribution system. I would also like to know how many computers / computer programs you want to feed data to in Parallel. Finally, I would like to know about your Linux computer experience regarding use of a SSH client, a SFTP client, Linux utilities (ls, rm, mv, cp, vi, top), and whether or not you have a friend who can help you with Linux if you don't know it very well.

I have written a lot of documentation for the Linux Novice for this software but some things like the basics of Linux networking and other important generalized Linux topics I have not been able to provide documentation for as yet.

Blort

Comment

Just to say I have now successfully installed the decodeadsb software written by Blort on my beaglebone black (BBB). The installation guide is concise and easy to read and follow. of couse there are mistakes made along the way, but that's how I learn. I did brick the BBB once (3 out of 4 blue LEDS on the left ON all the time), requiring the BBB to be reflashed and hence starting from scratch again. But thanks to that error of being bricked, I realised the image I used to flash BBB was the incorrect one hence flash failure, where the blue LEDS just keep randomly blinks past the supposed 45 mins flashing time. So with the correct flash image obtained finally, I got to flash my BBB correctly, where the 4 LEDS goes on all the time after about 45 mins. Good learning curve that.

As a linux novice, I am now able to run my mode s beast connected to the BBB and sharing data to FR24 without a PC. Of course if you want to use Plane Plotter (PP) you still need to run a PC, and the data for PP can be accessed via TCP instead of USB.

Will be running the software 24/7 to see how it performs. Now I need to sort out a static IP for my BBB.

Hopefully if you have read this and is interested, do please contact blort via his email above! Why not?

Note: if you live at a place with heavy traffic i.e. Europe, consider getting the ODROID-U2 as BBB with Mode S and Mode A/C on cannot cope. This is as per Blort's advice.
                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-11-10, 09:18.

Comment

How does this setup compare with dump1090 + fr24feed in terms of range / aircraft picked up for a stand alone installation? ( no pc )

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                    How does this setup compare with dump1090 + fr24feed in terms of range / aircraft picked up for a stand alone installation? ( no pc )

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
                    I am afraid I can't answer that question as I didn't use dump1090. Also I don't have a splitter to test both under the same condition if I do try 1090 dump and dongle.

That aside the software by blort gives the same range and performance as I have with planeplotter + beast via USB.

Oh and I suspect the software by blort will support the dongle at some point. There are spaces reserved in his document for further documentation/instructions for decodeadsb with dongle. Feel free to drop him a message and I am sure he would help. The ODROID U2 is what he is focusing on at present.

Note: of course it is early days to mention about the range etc but initial impression everything seems to be as it is. Will update if there is any noticeable difference.
                    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-11-10, 11:50.

Comment

Just as an aside here, if you don't take steps to prevent the Beaglebone from firing up the graphical desktop, it will still use some CPU cycles, even if you ssh into the device. That is, you will be at runlevel 5 not runlevel 3. At the moment, I am still developing the system, so I have left the graphical interface running but will nuke it eventually. This is assuming you are running Angstrom. Angstrom picks shall we say an overly rich amount of programs and services in the default distribution. If I were running the show, I would have gone for a scheme like Opensuse JEOS, which stands for "just enough operating system." You really have to wonder at some of the default programs like the GIMP being installed.

Regarding talk of the various platforms effecting the reception distance, this really shouldn't be the case. Or I can see no reason for the same programs having difference ranges provided they haven't overload the CPU.

As far as powering the dongles. I had the Beagleboard XM driving three. I use a wall wart that still lives on the ebay, though I got a few at a local surplus shop. Just search ebay for proton 5v power supply.

When I was running 4 DVB-T dongles from the Beagleboard XM, I used a powered USB hub.

I should point out that the Beagleboard XM has a faulty USB hub chip in it. This is really annoying. There is a patch for the hub, but it doesn't get implemented uniformly in the various distributions. At some point I need to learn how to build a kernel myself and then do the patch.

Comment

The latest main release of Wheezy for has become seriously bloated and requires a 4Gb SD card (that is more than windows XP needed), not only does it have the graphical environment loaded - it's also shipped with Java etc fully installed. There are minimal builds available and this is what has been used on the latest pre-build feeder image since there was functionality to do the job but not so much more than needed.

Comment

Working...
                        X