Questions on the RadarCape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on the RadarCape

Hi, I thinking of buying BUNDLE: Radarcape + "Active Diapason" Antenna (1090 MHz)+ 20 m Antenna Cable I live in the United States

wanted to find out more about the Active Diapason Antenna I don't know that much about that it's Design by F1OPA and F5ANN

it comes with 20 m Cable SMA (male) - SMA (male) Typ H155 equivalent, CO 100 AF

the cable looks like the size of RG-58 would I need to use something with more Shielding like RG-8 LMR-400?

also the GPS antenna would need something longer then 5 m

can you use the Radarcape GPS as NTP Server ?

any help would be greatly appreciated

H155/CO100 is a super-low loss replacement with much better shielding, it's suitable for the Active antenna. Don't change for lower loss cable unless you have > 50 meters, there is a risk of overpowering the Rx.

There are SMB extension cables for the GPS in the webshop, but remember that you just need to bring he GPS antenna outside, not to the same altitude as the ADSB antenna.

/M
    F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
    T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
    P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
    mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

As MrMac said, you don't need to have GPS installed with the antenna. Outside a window should work but if 5m cable is not enough for that, they also have GPS with 10m coax or 5m extensions for it.
        --

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
          As MrMac said, you don't need to have GPS installed with the antenna. Outside a window should work but if 5m cable is not enough for that, they also have GPS with 10m coax or 5m extensions for it.

Thanks do you have a link for the GPS with 10m coax or 5m extensions?
          Last edited by qc91; 2017-04-06, 21:23.

Comment

Originally posted by qc91 View Post
            Thanks do you have a link for the GPS with 10m coax or 5m extensions?
            Flight Tracking Hardwareprodukte & Softwarelösungen Felderprobt – Hochpräzise – Einzigartig jetvision ist auf der renommierten Luftfahrt-Messe. Besuchen Sie uns in Halle A4, Stand 109 für Infos & Tipps zu... ADS-B, FLARM und Helium Hardware Flight
            F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
            T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
            P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
            mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

the active antenna has a powered amp in it so the cable is not so much of an issue.
              T-EGLF8

Comment

Working...
              X