Statistic page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statistic page

It would be nice if flightradar24 soon get the hang of the point system on the statistics page. For the second day in a row, points to several Danish stations only go down or is unchanged. No one has been conferred points earned for the previous period.

Not many reactions. Support says that they make an update every day !!
    Enclosed 4 pictures which shows some of the problems with this system
    Screen Shot 06-03-16 at 05.43 UTC.jpgScreen Shot 06-04-16 at 08.21UTC.jpgScreen Shot 06-05-16 at 06.21 UTC.jpgScreen Shot 06-06-16 at 06.44 UTC.jpg
    Last edited by perl; 2016-06-06, 08:10. Reason: error in picture - attached new with correct date
    Per Laustsen
    T-EKOD10 Raspberry Pi3 B - DVB-T dongle - A3 ADS-B antenna - SMA Filter | Lattitude 55.04233 - Longitude 10.617180

Comment

Per,
      My understanding is that the statistics are a rolling 30 day average, that means that even if you had what appeared to be good statistics on a particular day the one dropping off at the other end may have been better, in this case your average score would drop, if the whole country saw more traffic for some reason (For example some big event bringing in more planes, or perhaps favourable atmospheric conditions) then all the stations would appear to drop 30 days later.
      Ben.
      FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
        Per,
        My understanding is that the statistics are a rolling 30 day average, that means that even if you had what appeared to be good statistics on a particular day the one dropping off at the other end may have been better, in this case your average score would drop, if the whole country saw more traffic for some reason (For example some big event bringing in more planes, or perhaps favourable atmospheric conditions) then all the stations would appear to drop 30 days later.
        Ben.
        Thanks Ben,
        I understand what You tells, but one of the the problems is, that not all stations are updated every day - some are updated.
        You can see it on the page from the 5. juni 2016.
        Several have gained more than 24 hours to the previous day counts (44, 46, 25, 24, 48, 38 and 27 hours)
        This is because they vere not updated the day before.
        This happens very often.
        Per
        Per Laustsen
        T-EKOD10 Raspberry Pi3 B - DVB-T dongle - A3 ADS-B antenna - SMA Filter | Lattitude 55.04233 - Longitude 10.617180

Comment

My experience (from the Danish list) is that early morning we all loose 24 hours (oldest day dropped ???) and then later, around midday the yesterdays data is add so we get 2 hours back, and the points are updated.
          Other regions seems to run on a different schedule so a global updated view is hard to find. Late afternoon seems to be the best time in the day.

In order to assess each receiver you have to know there uptime day by day. And as F-EGLF1 says, you will have to wait 30 day for your 'bad days' to be cleaned out

Comment

F-EGLF1 is correct. We calculate stats for last 30 days, so that means we use 30-day rolling window, not calendar month. That means you won't usually see any rapid increase in score stats unless receiver was offline for long period of time and then started feeding.

Comment

Originally posted by kalmykov View Post
              F-EGLF1 is correct. We calculate stats for last 30 days, so that means we use 30-day rolling window, not calendar month. That means you won't usually see any rapid increase in score stats unless receiver was offline for long period of time and then started feeding.
              Fine, but why do we drop 24 hour in the only morning and gain them again in the afternoon? And not all receivers at the same time!

Comment

What is the best way to get something corrected on the stats page?
                Have someone there that is not in our part of the world, and some of ours are missing, but appear as tracking aircraft on the maps?

Comment

Originally posted by kalmykov View Post
                  If You have some resposibility for the statistic system - I see You are from Stockholm - then please do something about it.
                  My post and objections has nothing to do with the way this system theoretical makes calculation.
                  The enclosed transcripts shows that it may take more than 24 hours from properly updating - otherwise you should not regulate with 44, 46 and 48 hours, - and as Kpin writes: "why do we drop 24 hour in the only morning and gain them again in the afternoon? And not all receivers at the same time! "
                  It looks like the webpage with the statistics is used like a kind of paper for calculations during the day and not as a results of some final calculations
                  Per Laustsen

Comment

I have noticed that since statistics has been introduced my station's Max range has never been changed although I can see planes in my planeplotter further away for 20-30 miles.Anyone else experienced the same?

Comment

Originally posted by LDSP View Post
                      I have noticed that since statistics has been introduced my station's Max range has never been changed although I can see planes in my planeplotter further away for 20-30 miles.Anyone else experienced the same?
                      Hi,
                      The Max range on this page : https://www.flightradar24.com/share-statistics is average range values
                      If You want to se the max range to day or yesterday, or the day before yesterday, You can find these values in your stations statistic page (my account)
                      Screen Shot 07-08-16 at 04.45 PM.jpg
                      After my opinion there is errors in the statistic system and I have send data to Flightradar24 to prove this and they are looking at it in the moment.
                      Last edited by perl; 2016-07-08, 14:56.
                      Per Laustsen

Comment

Working...
                      X