B717 Jetliner Doesn't Get to Its Destination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B717 Jetliner Doesn't Get to Its Destination

I've been pleased with the update but have a question about B717s. I was following one this weekend and about twenty mile out from its destination it stopped receiving updates which caused it to fly past PDX and hit the terrain in WA. That just seemed to be a fluke until I set the filter to B71 and tracked other arriving B717 flights to many different US airports. None of them made it. (one was close at LAX but ended up landing on Winchester Parkway instead of 24R.). I continued to try many other destination airports on both the east and west coasts...same thing.

Is there something inherently wrong with the FR24 model of the B717 (besides the wing engines vs tail engines) that causes these failures?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

NM: Apparently all it takes to correct the problem is to post about it here. Just had a flawless landing at LAX
    Last edited by halifax@pacific.net; 2016-04-25, 15:32. Reason: ADDED UPDATE

Majority of B717s I've tracked are MLAT which is very unreliable at low altitudes. The fault is not with FR24.
    F-KDAG1

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
      Majority of B717s I've tracked are MLAT which is very unreliable at low altitudes. The fault is not with FR24.
      OK, that makes sense. The good LAX arrival was just a fluke. On a subsequent arrival at DEN the flight path looked like that of a moth to a lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
        Correct. Here in Oz, Qantas have about 20 of them, all retro-equipped with ADS-B, and they largely behave flawlessly on FR24. They normally operate using QJExxxx callsigns if anybody wants to check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
          Correct. Here in Oz, Qantas have about 20 of them, all retro-equipped with ADS-B, and they largely behave flawlessly on FR24. They normally operate using QJExxxx callsigns if anybody wants to check them out.
          I wonder if that might also explain why the DH8D is fine in Oz but really squirrely in North America.

Comment

Originally posted by halifax@pacific.net View Post
            I wonder if that might also explain why the DH8D is fine in Oz but really squirrely in North America.
            Qantas have about 30 Dash Q400s, a dozen or so 300s and just a few 200s. Only 13 of the Q400s have ADS-B but there are a few Qantas 300s flying in New Zealand for Jetstar that are also equipped. The Dash 8s mostly operate using a QLKxxxx callsign.
            Last edited by airnrail; 2016-04-26, 03:22.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
              Qantas have about 30 Dash Q400s, a dozen or so 300s and just a few 200s. Only 13 of the Q400s have ADS-B but there are a few Qantas 300s flying in New Zealand for Jetstar that are also equipped. The Dash 8s mostly operate using a QLKxxxx callsign.
              Most also add a D to the end of the QLKxxxx callsign

Comment

Working...
              X