Windows Phone App (and Windows 10 desktop) - crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Phone App (and Windows 10 desktop) - crashing

The Windows Phone App (Windows phone 8) and the App for Windows Desktop (Windows 10) has both started to crash out.

The splash "Start up" screen is displayed and stays on the screen for a couple of seconds then crashes out. This appears to have started this week. It is if it wants to have me login with username and password but never gets to the screen before closing down.

Regard

Same here, I'm a feeder (three years) and my Premium WP application doesn't work, goes past the logon screen then disappears.

Are the WP applications being suspended, I note on my account, the WP applications are now missing and the FR24 Premium application can't be found in the shop.

Feeding FR24 since 11/09/13

Comment

Originally posted by HikokiOtaku View Post
      Same here, I'm a feeder (three years) and my Premium WP application doesn't work, goes past the logon screen then disappears.

Are the WP applications being suspended, I note on my account, the WP applications are now missing and the FR24 Premium application can't be found in the shop.
      Yes, I too have been an uploader for some time. And no contact from FR24 staff regarding this subject regarding Windows/Windows phone APPS. It just stopped working.

I also have a problem with emailed alerts which FR24 seem unable to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol170kj View Post
        Yes, I too have been an uploader for some time. And no contact from FR24 staff regarding this subject regarding Windows/Windows phone APPS. It just stopped working.

I also have a problem with emailed alerts which FR24 seem unable to fix.
        Hi,

I can confirm that Windows Phone Premium app is crashing on start. It is not because we discontinued the app, it is supposed to work. We are diagnosing it now.

The Email alert bug is known and requires extensive changes in our application to fix it. To not risk further issues, it will be deployed in Tuesday next week.

Olov

Comment

Brilliant, thank you Olov for the quick response and update. I'll wait patiently for things to improve.

As an aside, congratulations on the new version, I know there have been teething problems but after reading the relevant forum I know how hard you are all working behind the scenes to get everything working. It's very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by HikokiOtaku View Post
            Brilliant, thank you Olov for the quick response and update. I'll wait patiently for things to improve.

As an aside, congratulations on the new version, I know there have been teething problems but after reading the relevant forum I know how hard you are all working behind the scenes to get everything working. It's very much appreciated.
            Thank you for your kind word HikokiOtaku.

While testing in the office we found that reinstalling the app worked for us, but since we have pulled the app from Microsoft store, it is impossible our users to do the same.

Unfortunately, we did not come any closer to a solution today, and now starts the easter holiday. We will have to revisit this on Tuesday.

Regards,
            Olov

Comment

I was going to do exactly the same thing - uninstall/reinstall but as I mentioned I couldn't see the Premium app in the Microsoft Store - the free version is still there.

Oh well, not to worry. I'm flying next Tuesday and I'll easily get by with the web version on my phone.

Thank you again - enjoy your break!

Comment

Thanks for the replay. Looking forward to the fix. Hopefully you will be able to re-instate into the store as i tried the uninstall/reinstall only to find it wasn't available.

Comment

Thanks for the replay. Looking forward to the fix. Hopefully you will be able to re-instate into the store as i tried the uninstall/reinstall only to find it wasn't available.
                  Store--My Library--Apps--Show all
                  There you can find and install Fr24 Premium app
                  wp_ss_20160325_0002.pngwp_ss_20160325_0003.png
                  If you have previously installed it.
                  China Kunming
                  F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7252[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7253[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks, Windows phone re-installed and working.

Regards

Comment

Thanks, Windows phone re-installed and working.

Regards
                      You are welcome,Glad to see WP users.
                      China Kunming
                      F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]7252[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7253[/ATTACH]
                        My Windows Phone is slightly different - Store/my apps.

However I re-installed without problems.

Many thanks for the tip - it is now working!

Comment

Thanks for the tip

Comment

For info, my WP app stopped working again.

Re-installed to fix it.

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else, whilst it is not a massive problem, I would rather the app worked all the time every time.

Comment

Update, my APP stopped working, when I try the fix to re-install it says this APP is unavailable for your device.

Has this now been removed - not happy to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                              X