Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New webpage design: Suggestions (NOT BUG REPORTS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aka_pseudonym View Post
    Yes - mentioned earlier - a pause button. For those in rural areas, off grid, old copper wire, download limits etc etc it's really needed. Only way at present is to close the tab/window and then open next time which is annoying.
    It may not work as you are after, but I find the page goes into pause when it is not current window. If I move to other tabs and come back, there is a slight delay before all the icons jump suddenly and resume moving from where they were. However not monitored the data link while not current focus tab to see if it's still transferring

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I just tried it. FR24 and a blank tab. Result is inconclusive - something is still chundering away in the background. But then I'm using Google Chrome so it's probably selling my soul to the devil while it thinks I'm not watching. (NB: chunder=grumble as in Northern UK usage as opposed to the antipodean meaning {although that's possibly more apt for google}.)

Comment

Originally posted by Olov View Post
        Hi,

We changed the label font because we already switched to it on the rest of the website. It looks good to me!

At the same time we added the requested option to enable/disable label background.

Olov
        I have no problem with the new font and the labels are just great without the background. Thanks for that - it's been a long time coming.

Comment

Thanks FR24 More collapsable arrows on the left menu is always ok. Otherwise it's awesome and no complaints.

Comment

Hi,

We changed the label font because we already switched to it on the rest of the website. It looks good to me!

At the same time we added the requested option to enable/disable label background.

Olov
            Thanks Olov the new font looks great and the ability to switch background off is appreciated, thats been an irritation for
            quite some time.

Comment

Hi,

Olov
              It "looks good to you"? With all due respect are you winding us up or just blind? It's a horrible font. Wholely unsuitable to a site of this nature and is difficult to read as the letters are too bunched up for the callsign. Can you tell us please what was so wrong with the original font? The reason that "it matches the rest of the site" is rubbish as there is nowhere on the site that uses that font combo. The callsign label is Roboto Condensed and the registration label is Roboto. Everywhere else on your site the font is Open Sans. Using any kind of condensed font for labels is completely retarded and amateurish.

Comment

Originally posted by rik130 View Post
                It "looks good to you"? With all due respect are you winding us up or just blind? It's a horrible font. Wholely unsuitable to a site of this nature and is difficult to read as the letters are too bunched up for the callsign. Can you tell us please what was so wrong with the original font? The reason that "it matches the rest of the site" is rubbish as there is nowhere on the site that uses that font combo. The callsign label is Roboto Condensed and the registration label is Roboto. Everywhere else on your site the font is Open Sans. Using any kind of condensed font for labels is completely retarded and amateurish.
                rik,

I've got to say I'm in the same boat as (some) others on this thread who think the map fonts looks fine and I'm the blind one (well perhaps a slight exaggeration) but I'm post-60 and very short sighted and I not only find the new fonts (and the map as a whole to be frank) is excellent. Since you've bought up Olov, I'd actually like to thank him for having the nads to present himself on the forum for us over this period of time and to explain the changes, issues etc. It's a very welcome change from the past, so thanks Olov. As he said somewhere on this forum though, they are never going to please everyone but I'm not sure that personal insults targeting him are the way to go.

I find the ability to remove the aircraft pic (on one page if using multiple pages) is great as is removing the label background. As someone posted previously this has been an issue requiring attention for some time, but Rome wasn't built in a day. The only real issue I have at the moment was also mentioned previously regarding switching pages when multiple are open and the 'sluggish' response of aircraft to take up their new position but I can live with that.

I've tested it on both Chrome and Firefox and even the not-recommended Internet Explorer(11) for the issue you mention rik and cant fault it. Which browser are you using rik?

Regards,
                Gregg

... and before there are any accusations flying, I don't even know the bloke (Olov) but am thankful for his honesty and contribution on the forum.
                Last edited by fungus; 2016-05-01, 01:11.
                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post

... and before there are any accusations flying, I don't even know the bloke (Olov) but am thankful for his honesty and contribution on the forum.
                  Fungus, I'll second that with pleasure. Well done Olov.

Comment

Like Fungus I'm well over 60 and Monocular and I think the new font is great! Personal insults sure don't help either!

Comment

No complaints here, the new FR24 is excellent.

Are there any plans to enable downloading the data for playback offline? Just asking but would be awesome!
                      eg: download all the flight data for a range of times and playback with the FR24 webpage interface offline.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                        Fungus, I'll second that with pleasure. Well done Olov.
                        Yup.Me too.I think the new font is very legible and the option to remove the grey background on the labels is very welcome.I personally have had no problems with any of the new features,and certainly do NOT think that anything is 'retarded and amateurish'.I should add that contributor 'rik130' does NOT speak for me when he asks 'are you winding US up or just blind?' and 'tell US please what was so wrong with the original font'.Olov does not have to explain anything as far as I'm concerned.
                        Last edited by jedthebass; 2016-05-02, 11:22.

Comment

Hi there.

I'm new here, and with42 pages, I don't know if this has been suggested yet....

Is there any chance you could get rid of the underlining for the aircraft registration please?

It's difficult to tell what is a J and what is an I

Other than that, I love the system.

Cheers

Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffjumper24 View Post
                            Hi there.

I'm new here, and with42 pages, I don't know if this has been suggested yet....

Is there any chance you could get rid of the underlining for the aircraft registration please?

It's difficult to tell what is a J and what is an I

Other than that, I love the system.

Cheers

Cliff
                            Hi Cliff,

I don't think we can remove the underline, it's there to show that it's a clickable link, but we could possibly drop it a couple of pixels down.. We will test this on our beta and see what it looks like!

Thanks for reporting!

Olov

Comment

Hi Cliff,

I don't think we can remove the underline, it's there to show that it's a clickable link, but we could possibly drop it a couple of pixels down.. We will test this on our beta and see what it looks like!

Thanks for reporting!

Olov
                              Yeah, but also to try to squise some pixels out. There are generally too much space between the data fields

Comment

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                                Yeah, but also to try to squise some pixels out. There are generally too much space between the data fields
                                We found another solution, will be in the next release. About the space between the data fields, I will take a look at it - but no promises.. making it tighter might be good for advanced users, but less good for new users..

Comment

Working...
                                X