Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New webpage design: Suggestions (NOT BUG REPORTS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New webpage design: Suggestions (NOT BUG REPORTS)

So the new design is having its problem, and you can report bugs and vent your frustration here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...gn-Bug-reports

BUT there are aspects of the new design that could do with improvement, so if you have constructive critique (or praise) let us have it here:

I will go first:

On the great side:
    - I like that settings, bookmarks, filters and playback etc. is now on the righthand side. Screens have become wider, but not higher, so top menus are not ideal.
    - I really like the speed and altitude graff in the default panel.
    - The time bar in the new playback(when it works) is very nice and does not take up as much space in the middle of everything

Even better if:
    - There are now much more information about the aircraft and the flight in the default panel to the left than I ever wanted, and a lot of info is not available for many aircrafts anyway. I would like this panel to be user customisable so I could hide the fields not important to me. And preferably I would like to group and order the info myself. Now I have to scroll down to see squark and back up to se flight details.
    - I think there is way too much space between the individual info fields, which add to the need to scroll. The layout could be tighter without loosing readability
    - I would like af feature like the filter, but where the selection highlights the chosen aircraft without filtering out all the rest etc. mark all SAS or all CRJ900 but let me see other flights as well.

Now, what would you really like? (and forget about the bugs - stay positive)

With the increased data in the left panel it would be useful to be able to close down the aircraft photo at the top which would allow more data to be visible without scrolling. It strikes me as odd that all the data panels can be minimised but not the least useful of them all - the photo which is often just plain wrong anyway.

Comment

Moving some of my suggestions from Bug reports thread to here.

1. An option to remove from screen the Search Field and settings/zoom buttons or maybe that only be activated when the mouse cursor moves over this area of screen just like the Android app does.
      2. Additional alerts conditions like diversions, takeoffs and landing events
      3. On new downloable history files, KMLs have included (along with Route and Trail) the Altitude vertical strokes to observe aircraft altitude in respect with ground on google earth.
      4. An option to unselect the "0 fts" altitude function when aircrafts are on ground. Some of us are interested to know the current aircraft altitude/field elevation reported by ADSB.
      5. Multiple configurable windows option to make several aircrafts flight following in different part of the world at the same time. Sometimes we would like to see what is happening in differents parts of world at same moment...
      6. An option to remove the aircraft picture from Info Bar or maybe adding a ">" button for temporarily hide it, or an option to reduce its size, or move it to Aircraft Details section, or a minimize button....etc etc
      7. In the time bar for playback function, a slide control to set the playback just where I want and speeds below 12X.
      8. Have tracks (multi flight paths) on several aircraft other than highlighted/marked plane and selectable by user (maybe using secondary button on mouse could be good).
      9. On radarview (or even in normal FR24) predicted trajectory (dashed straight line) from aircrafts like real ATC radar system does.
      10. Translucent FR24 logo (Top/Left hand) when fullscreen view is activated (old FR24 website style)
      11. ACARS Messaging decoding and display.
      12. (I know this maybe is a dream by now) including all traffic in 3D style to the 3D View...Thats would be awesome!

B.
      Last edited by Bomberman; 2016-03-22, 01:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomberman View Post
        Moving some of my suggestions from Bug reports thread to here.

4. An option to unselect the "0 fts" altitude function when aircrafts are on ground. Some of us are interested to know the current aircraft altitude/field elevation reported by ADSB.
        I take it you don't have your own receiver? As soon as the wheels are on the deck the 'onground' flag is transmitted in a different squitter packet. No altitude reported to display.

5. Multiple configurable windows option to make several aircrafts flight following in different part of the world at the same time. Sometimes we would like to see what is happening in differents parts of world at same moment...
        Errr... Web page. Not an app with advanced functions 0.o

The receivers don't have ACARS capabilities. And there is not global coverage of it. I also don't believe there is an available public network like ADSI or FAA feeds.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

My only suggestion is to divide the left hand aircraft info panel into more sections that can be collapsed so that you can see all the primary info without scrolling.

i.e. "Primary info" as in the same info displayed on the old FR24 aircraft info panel.
          Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-03-22, 04:02.

Comment

Great suggestions, great thread.

Keep the ideas coming!

Comment

1. QNH settings.
              2. Animation ON/OFF button.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                I take it you don't have your own receiver? As soon as the wheels are on the deck the 'onground' flag is transmitted in a different squitter packet. No altitude reported to display.
                Sorry dude, I do have a Raspberry pi2 with a DVT dongle installed feeding FR24, and Im aware that BDS 06 (16HEX) does not include barometric altitude once the aircraft switches from airborne to ground. What Im refering is once the aircraft is on ground, I have observed the GPS Altitude is still being transmitted (I dont know why so far) for a while, so this function could be taken in advantage.

Errr... Web page. Not an app with advanced functions 0.o
                I desagree. Set of instruccions in new programming languages are very powerful, otherwise current new web-based application couldnt be able to do so amazing things that we see in these days. In computers and programming world, anything is possible...Even the Beta FR24 3D View already online is able to handle two windows at the time.

The receivers don't have ACARS capabilities. And there is not global coverage of it. I also don't believe there is an available public network like ADSI or FAA feeds.
                Of course receivers must be upgraded to include new hardware and software to deal with ACARS signals decoding (MSK or VDLM2) and feeding. Maybe an additional antenna could be required too. But if you remember, same thing happened with MLAT a time ago, and receivers were upgraded with a new GPS antenna to enable the function and feeding capability.
                I think that if Planeplotter is able to do this with its software using nothing but dongles, I dont see why not FR24 could does the same and maybe better because will be web-based. For those like me that are using RB Pi 2, maybe an extra RTL-SDR dongle must be installed and debian OS revised. FR24 has a wide enought network to offer following up and continuity of ACARS signals transmitted by aircrafts (POA/AOA) in the same way that ADSB does. Moreover, recently Jaero software was released and ACARS signals can be received from inmarsat satellites too using just a regular RTL-SDR dongle !!

ADBS (Tracking) + ACARS (Digital Datalink Communications -VHF/Satcom- receiving), will improve significantly the flight following experience that FR24 could offers...

Here the link: http://www.rtl-sdr.com/tag/acars/
                Last edited by Bomberman; 2016-03-22, 18:41.

Comment

Originally posted by airport View Post
                  2. Animation ON/OFF button.
                  Yes please could we have an option to turn off animation at least at high zoom levels - must be possible because it was there a few versions ago.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                    Yes please could we have an option to turn off animation at least at high zoom levels - must be possible because it was there a few versions ago.
                    *ghasp* and lose that realtime feel?!?!? J/K. I noticed how much resource it chews up in populated areas, not so bad in my own region but its kind of annoying to not be able to turn off these animation estimations between packets
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Does this one still strike a chord with people and need a toggle button made?

Spot the difference..

labels.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                        Does this one still strike a chord with people and need a toggle button made?

Spot the difference..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7225[/ATTACH]
                        Oblivian I think you might be baiting me! No bloody grey boxes anywhere. I've just about given up that cause but would still love to see the option of a transparent background on the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                          Oblivian I think you might be baiting me! No bloody grey boxes anywhere. I've just about given up that cause but would still love to see the option of a transparent background on the labels.
                          Totally unintentional! I knew there were a few that didn't like it. Its just one of the CSS options, currently set to .02 black. Which is a lot lower than it was in test/last version. But if you use F12 Developer tools you can override it and the border property like I did there. So shouldn't be hard to have a button to turn off web side too

Comment

Updated suggestions list

1. An option to remove from screen the Search Field and settings/zoom buttons or maybe that only be activated when the mouse cursor moves over this area of screen just like the Android app does.
                            2. Additional alerts conditions like diversions, takeoffs and landing events
                            3. On new downloable history files, KMLs have included (along with Route and Trail) the Altitude vertical strokes to observe aircraft altitude in respect with ground on google earth.
                            6. An option to remove the aircraft picture from Info Bar or maybe adding a ">" button for temporarily hide it, or an option to reduce its size, or move it to Aircraft Details section, or a minimize button....etc etc
                            7. In the time bar for playback function, a slide control to set the playback just where I want and speeds below 12X.
                            8. Have tracks (multi flight paths) on several aircraft other than highlighted/marked plane and selectable by user (maybe using secondary button on mouse could be good).
                            9. On radarview (or even in normal FR24) predicted trajectory (dashed straight line) from aircrafts like real ATC radar system does.
                            10. Translucent FR24 logo (Top/Left hand) when fullscreen view is activated (old FR24 website style)
                            12. (I know this maybe is a dream by now) including all traffic in 3D style to the 3D View...Thats would be awesome!
                            13. ***NEW*** If multiple configurable windows option is developed, include a custom fleet position cycling feature.

B.

Comment

Regarding alerts:

I would like that my alerts could be turned on and off individually and not use deleted. So that they could be inactive without the need to delete them

Comment

Working...
                              X