New webpage design: Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ukjay View Post
    Can't you just close some of the details (click on >) or do a browser Ctrl-minus?
    Would be nice to have a personal sort though....
    Hi Jay,
    Yes clicking on > makes altitude detail appear but then the route is lost.
    We get loads more detail in this new version of FR24 but it seems like some of the essentials are missing unless you manipulate the side menu for every aircraft.
    We do see schedule, distance to go,msn, mode s code, 4 different speeds but cannot see altitude by default.
    Surely Photo,operator, flight number, route, ac type, reg, alt & hdg and perhaps 1 speed should be in a short menu with the rest of the bumpf expandable should you need it would be more user friendly.
    I would imagine spotting at a busy airport with a mobile device or laptop would be taxing the way things are set up at the moment.
    You would be doing more clicks on the screen or mouse than the camera shutter button.

Comment

• Yes I get your drift & agree
      James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
      T-EGCC125
      http://www.ukjay.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by rik130 View Post
        Still bugged : https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/cc-bej

E80453 shows departing out of EDHI on the evening of 4 April on the map, yet not showing in the flight history above. Registration additions are not being appended to historic hex codes. The old site worked fine for this so what has been changed ?
        Thanks Rik30. We know about the issue and have a plan how to fix it, but it's pretty complex. Might take a couple of weeks!

/Olov

Comment

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
          Thank you for reporting. We are aware of this bug, the problem is that the website stop fetching new data when its inactive. Hope to have a fix live soon!
          And soon in this case is? This is such an annoying bug.
          Since the new update i have still to find any big improvements. In fact only big disappointments. I guess i shall never understand why companies do this.
          "Oh hey we went bankrupt..." NOOOO really? I wonder how that happened. <-- Marker 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
            And soon in this case is? This is such an annoying bug.
            Since the new update i have still to find any big improvements. In fact only big disappointments. I guess i shall never understand why companies do this.
            "Oh hey we went bankrupt..." NOOOO really? I wonder how that happened. <-- Marker 2016.
            We will try to do it as quickly as possible! Thanks for helping out by reporting issues!

Comment

• Not to repeat other complaints. But there are some flukes with the GUI buttons. E.G. logon and filters become active before they are turned on. Filter switch status is a bit confused if it's on or off.
              Probably known by now but just thought I would mention it. I have hard time complaining about anything since I'm a free feeder and it rocks in general
              Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-04-12, 06:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
                Not to repeat other complaints. But there are some flukes with the GUI buttons. E.G. logon and filters become active before they are turned on. Filter switch status is a bit confused if it's on or off.
                Probably known by now but just thought I would mention it. I have hard time complaining about anything since I'm a free feeder and it rocks in general
                Hi Sam26k!

I don't see it as complaints, just useful bug reports from our users! Keep reporting please!

The filter switch bug is known, and a fix is in testing right now.. could you tell me more about the logon thing you mention?

Thanks!
                Olov

Comment

• Hi Olov, and thanks for responding. The logon issue is with the saved filters setting. The previously saved filters seemed to be default on when logging on even though they were turned off before logging off.

E.G. B752 aircraft set in the filters. Even if the filter is turned off before logging off, it becomes active when logging on the next time. And the filter switch show's as off too. One has to toggle the filter switch to correct the problem.

Minor problem but I thought I would mention it if no one else has Great job on the new UI and feel guilty complaining about anything .

Comment

• Is there any ETA about the auto aiport pin thing ?
                    Regards,
                    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Just sits there forever saying "loading data..." and gets no further.

Comment

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/b-2835

Just sits there forever saying "loading data..." and gets no further.
                        Not for me. I see 1 entry with unknown details for 10APR.
                        However we are not alone

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• It's a joke. The site is WORSE than what it was before. Why can't you just revert to the old site until you have fixed all the bugs ???? The functionality is pathetic. 80% of the site simply does not work without needing to refresh about 100x or just full of glitches and errors. Olov has said WEEKS ago in agreement with me that this is totally unacceptable yet you're still pushing the same broken site - clearly not that unacceptable then otherwise you would have trashed this current incarnation and REVERTED to the previous working version!!

The above example is one of many. Yes it is displaying for you RIGHT NOW, but the other 90% of the time it just shows "loading data..." and gets no further. I was talking with Chris from Skyliner about it and he agrees with me that the site is currently a waste of time and has basically been reduced to being unusable in its current state. Who is responsible for this? All we get is "we're looking into it" and nothing changes. How long has it been now? Well OVER A MONTH and the same bugs exist with more being reported by users on a daily basis. This is a commercial site with paying subscribers - where are the emails to all subscribers advising of automatic refunds for the lack of service? It is totally unacceptable.

More problems :

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Where is the THY B738 departing from RNT at 1716 on that playback? You look at https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...tc-jvo#9518f04 and there it is, but you try finding it on the overview map! Nowhere to be seen. WHY?

Also the playback function only displays planes on the map on about 5% of occasions. The other 95% you select a playback time and all you get is a blank map with no planes. You have to refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh about 100x and if you are lucky you may get some planes appearing on the map. Total joke.

Another one : https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n224ak

Where is the flight out of RNT on 3 April at 1749z? http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE741

Playback the map and there is not even any trace of it! At least on the previous non-working version of this site a week ago it would at least show the flight event by hex code which could be identified but now they don't even show on the map at all!

Why can't you just pull this ALPHA version you have running right now and reinstate the OLD WORKING version until you get a team together to fix all the bugs? I've even offered to help, but it should NOT be happening as a live version. It needs the old site putting back up and sorting the bugs out in the background.

The problem is that whoever pushed this through doesn't want to admit that they made a monumental cock up and take responsibility for it. Just do the right thing and bin this current version, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by rik130; 2016-04-16, 11:34.

Comment

• I like the new FR24, it's awesome!

Comment

• no radar view available for a whole day.

what's going on?

nit

Comment

It's a joke. The site is WORSE than what it was before. Why can't you just revert to the old site until you have fixed all the bugs ???? The functionality is pathetic. 80% of the site simply does not work without needing to refresh about 100x or just full of glitches and errors. Olov has said WEEKS ago in agreement with me that this is totally unacceptable yet you're still pushing the same broken site - clearly not that unacceptable then otherwise you would have trashed this current incarnation and REVERTED to the previous working version!!

The above example is one of many. Yes it is displaying for you RIGHT NOW, but the other 90% of the time it just shows "loading data..." and gets no further. I was talking with Chris from Skyliner about it and he agrees with me that the site is currently a waste of time and has basically been reduced to being unusable in its current state. Who is responsible for this? All we get is "we're looking into it" and nothing changes. How long has it been now? Well OVER A MONTH and the same bugs exist with more being reported by users on a daily basis. This is a commercial site with paying subscribers - where are the emails to all subscribers advising of automatic refunds for the lack of service? It is totally unacceptable.

More problems :

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Where is the THY B738 departing from RNT at 1716 on that playback? You look at https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...tc-jvo#9518f04 and there it is, but you try finding it on the overview map! Nowhere to be seen. WHY?

Also the playback function only displays planes on the map on about 5% of occasions. The other 95% you select a playback time and all you get is a blank map with no planes. You have to refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh about 100x and if you are lucky you may get some planes appearing on the map. Total joke.

Another one : https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n224ak

Where is the flight out of RNT on 3 April at 1749z? http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE741

Playback the map and there is not even any trace of it! At least on the previous non-working version of this site a week ago it would at least show the flight event by hex code which could be identified but now they don't even show on the map at all!

Why can't you just pull this ALPHA version you have running right now and reinstate the OLD WORKING version until you get a team together to fix all the bugs? I've even offered to help, but it should NOT be happening as a live version. It needs the old site putting back up and sorting the bugs out in the background.

The problem is that whoever pushed this through doesn't want to admit that they made a monumental cock up and take responsibility for it. Just do the right thing and bin this current version, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Can't be bothered to look at all your rants, but for you issue with the THY B737 - Here it is. THY out of Renton.jpg What is the problem?

After a difficult birth you have no problems with the site at all. Direct you constructive bug reports at support@fr24.com and work on getting you blod pressure down.

Comment

Working...
                                X