Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
    Hi Artdime,

We made some progress today, but not completely solved the alert issues I'm afraid. Continuing tomorrow.

Olov
    Olov, I cancelled my account yesterday since I still did not receive any alerts and this was the only reason for my subscription. This is beyond disappointing and frustrating. Please post a message here in this thread when alerts are finally fixed. I might consider subscribing again if/when that happens.

Thanks.

Comment

• No aircraft on map in chrome. Cleaning the cookies for the third time.

Comment

We still have bugfixes to deal with before adding new features, but this one should be quick and make sense. Expect it within a couple of weeks.
        I like the pics. Please keep them at least as an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by junglejet View Post
          I have compared upper winds with my Globe-S installation and FR24 web page winds are 180° miscalculated. While it seems the arrow was turned around by 180° in the meantime.
          Btw, I haven't seen any wind charts by met offices that have a different logic as it is claimed here. The only difference is, there is no arrow tip, but some tail feathers. But the logic is the same since 100 years.
          Thanks for checking and confirming what I too understood to be correct.
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Hi guys,

I think, FR24 fixed the problem

..before that, I visited my girlfriend an took a look on her ipad...

IMAG2858.jpg

IMAG2866.jpg

IMAG2868.jpg

IMAG2869.jpg

As you see, also no regs visible and on the small window at the display all current regs were changing

So it must have been a programming fault, even FR24 doesn“t use java or flash, as I learned from the forum.

And today everything is working fine, it seems that it was an easter egg...

Thank you FR24 team and many greetings from Hamburg

Thorsten

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
              Can I ask for clarification about the free feeder subscription?

Question 2

Should we see Business Plan Features under our Account?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7241[/ATTACH]

Hi,

This issue should be fixed now. Can you confirm?

Thanks!

Olov

Comment

• Hi,

first I want to say thank you, I really like the new page!
                In my opinion there is a small bug concerning diverted aircraft (maybe it has already been reported, I didn't read through all of the 29 pages, but couldn't find anything with the search function): In the left column the page still gives the airport of departure, the crossed arrows and the airport of arrival according to the schedule. The mouseover text on the crossed arrows says "diverted from XXX", where XXX is the airport were the plane is diverted to. I think here airport of arrival according to the schedule and airport of actual arrival are interchanged?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quis View Post
                  Hi,

first I want to say thank you, I really like the new page!
                  In my opinion there is a small bug concerning diverted aircraft (maybe it has already been reported, I didn't read through all of the 29 pages, but couldn't find anything with the search function): In the left column the page still gives the airport of departure, the crossed arrows and the airport of arrival according to the schedule. The mouseover text on the crossed arrows says "diverted from XXX", where XXX is the airport were the plane is diverted to. I think here airport of arrival according to the schedule and airport of actual arrival are interchanged?
                  Hi Quis

Glad you like the new page!

This morning we changed from "diverted from XXX" to "diverted to XXX".. Could you confirm that its OK now?

*** EDIT:

Sorry, my bad. This is not updated on the website yet, but its planned for todays bugfix release.

Thanks,
                  Olov

Comment

Hi,
                    This issue should be fixed now. Can you confirm?
                    Thanks Olov, I can confirm I now see "Business plan features" under My Account. Well done.
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Aircraft labels work now in Webkit-based browsers, thank you

Comment

Hi Quis

Glad you like the new page!

This morning we changed from "diverted from XXX" to "diverted to XXX".. Could you confirm that its OK now?

*** EDIT:

Sorry, my bad. This is not updated on the website yet, but its planned for todays bugfix release.

Thanks,
                        Olov
                        Thanks for your answer, I will check if it's ok when I see a diverted plane next time.

Regards
                        Quis

Comment

• Originally posted by junglejet View Post
                          I have compared upper winds with my Globe-S installation and FR24 web page winds are 180° miscalculated. While it seems the arrow was turned around by 180° in the meantime.

Just for the sake of arguments, this is the flightdeck definition, while local met offices may have a different one:

XXX° shows direction the wind blows FROM, i.e. Easterly wind is indicated: 090°

Arrow shows direction the wind blows TO, i.e. Easterly wind : arrow tip is headed West <===

At least this is how flight deck instruments display it.

Btw, I haven't seen any wind charts by met offices that have a different logic as it is claimed here. The only difference is, there is no arrow tip, but some tail feathers. But the logic is the same since 100 years.
                          I have realized that refreshing rate of new Extended Mode S info (TAS, Temp, IAS, Wind) is not the same as old basic parameters information. This is because the Extended Mode S are transmitted only when official ADSB ground stations interrogate the aircraft for UF20, which request information as temp, IAS, etc. Old basic information as position, altitude and Ground Speed are DF17 replies from aircraft (also known as squitter), and are generated twice for second without any interrogation from ground. BUT, in the case of mode S extended, if there are no UF20 interrogations from ground, obviously the aircraft doesn“t give updated information about these parameters, HOWEVER its seem like FR24 webpage keeps loaded last valid information on the Ext Mode S fields, even though the aircraft is actually not transmitting it until new information is received. This is the reason why winds or temperature does not correspond with expected values or Weather Stations data in these locations.

am i right?

Regards,

B
                          Last edited by Bomberman; 2016-03-30, 01:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomberman View Post
                            I have realized that refreshing rate of new Extended Mode S info (TAS, Temp, IAS, Wind) is not the same as old basic parameters information. This is because the Extended Mode S are transmitted only when official ADSB ground stations interrogate the aircraft for UF20, which request information as temp, IAS, etc. Old basic information as position, altitude and Ground Speed are DF17 replies from aircraft (also known as squitter), and are generated twice for second without any interrogation from ground. BUT, in the case of mode S extended, if there are no UF20 interrogations from ground, obviously the aircraft doesn“t give updated information about these parameters, HOWEVER its seem like FR24 webpage keeps loaded last valid information on the Ext Mode S fields, even though the aircraft is actually not transmitting it until new information is received. This is the reason why winds or temperature does not correspond with expected values or Weather Stations data in these locations.

am i right?

Regards,

B
                            Hi Bomberman!

Yes, you are correct in how the ext mode-s is requested, transmitted and received.

About your question on how long we keep showing old information, if we don't receive any new, I am looking into it. Will probably not have an answer for you until Monday, and it is also possible that you have found a bug.

Regards,
                            Olov

Comment

• Could someone at FR24 check the Premium subscriptions for "N" sharers using SBS1 Client? These don't seem to be recognised and I've previously reported this via Piotr who is/was on vacation.
                              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                                Could someone at FR24 check the Premium subscriptions for "N" sharers using SBS1 Client? These don't seem to be recognised and I've previously reported this via Piotr who is/was on vacation.
                                We are on it, Piotr sent a message.

Comment

Working...
                                X