No announcement yet.

New webpage design: Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday the site was unresponsive. Today the traffic update stops after 20 seconds and a refresh is needed to start it again - only to stop again after 20 seconds.
    Is there an ETA for improvement?

Comment

I am really surprised about many of the issues being reported, the only problem I had was finding where they hid the Feed Stats page though that is now resolved.

In relation to other issues, as I have an IT background I would suggest the following;

I am not being logged out, nor am I seeing other issues such a freezing etc, running home built PC with twin processors (32bit), with 4Gb RAM, 3D compatible graphics card with 8Gb Memory, Windows 10 Pro with all updates and fortunate to have High Speed Broadband.

Some issues may be related to low internet speeds, graphics card installed, conflicts with other programmes running, browser settings, etc. It is impossible for software and web developers to be able to ensure all potential computers are going to run it without issues due to the millions of potential permutations out there and you cannot just assume the problem it not at your end. I recently had issues with another site and it was simply a setting in my browser (IE11) that had not been activated.
      If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Comment

Originally posted by DemonLee View Post

I am not being logged out, nor am I seeing other issues such a freezing etc, running home built PC with twin processors (32bit), with 4Gb RAM, 3D compatible graphics card with 8Gb Memory, Windows 10 Pro with all updates and fortunate to have High Speed Broadband.

Good point. Windows 10, 8 GB RAM, 40 MB download here, and almost no problems.
        --
        Ttony

Comment

Originally posted by DemonLee View Post
          I am really surprised about many of the issues being reported, the only problem I had was finding where they hid the Feed Stats page though that is now resolved.
          Whilst I agree with your latter comments, I'm totally satisfied my desktop spec is more than adequate, as is my Internet connection.

And I've just been logged out of my Premium account again. Never happened before this upgrade.
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
            Whilst I agree with your latter comments, I'm totally satisfied my desktop spec is more than adequate, as is my Internet connection.

And I've just been logged out of my Premium account again. Never happened before this upgrade.

I too thought about this theory and tested it. I normally run FR24 on a Linux box with Firefox but today I switched to another computer running Win7 Pro with Chrome and lots of memory etc. After 10 minutes the screen froze. A refresh of the screen and I needed to log in again. Like you this never happened before this upgrade.

F-CYWH1 Southern tip of Vancouver Island

Comment

Well things seem to be running better now at least for me. No more freezing after a couple of minutes and I can now click on an aircraft and bring up the left had info panel and route of flight. Before if l clicked on an aircraft it would just freeze up.

Comment

It might sound counter intuitive and may irk a few people but many of the problems seem to relate to premium. Until the developers can sort out the issues and if you just want to watch flights, try not logging in at all and instead run the free edition. I've had both running on separate computers and there are fewer problems with the basic version. I'm in Australia so it may not be the case worldwide with different servers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rsilagi View Post
                  Well things seem to be running better now at least for me. No more freezing after a couple of minutes and I can now click on an aircraft and bring up the left had info panel and route of flight. Before if l clicked on an aircraft it would just freeze up.
                  Don't count your chickens too fast. I was about to post a similar email an hour ago and then the symptoms returned.

BUT it is improving! Slowly!

F-CYWH1 Southern tip of Vancouver Island

Comment

IM windows 7 and i dont want 10 i am using 7 but im having the same issues as a few people are , flight tracking freezing etc, i am a premier user i used to love flightradar but im changing my mind unless they sort these issues out we are all not on windows 10 why change something that worked, I have alot of programmes that only work on win 7 as im a photographer , but we have to remember everyone is not on 10 i personally dont want 10 thanks, please fix these issues for win 7 users aswell no offence to 10 uses , great if you can use it
                    Last edited by airgirl999; 2016-03-18, 21:34.
                    Lives in Manchester , loves Aviation, especially the viewing area at Manchester Airport, allthough gone up a little in price,

Comment

• Originally posted by DemonLee View Post

In relation to other issues, as I have an IT background I would suggest the following;

Some issues may be related to low internet speeds, graphics card installed, conflicts with other programmes running, browser settings, etc. It is impossible for software and web developers to be able to ensure all potential computers are going to run it without issues due to the millions of potential permutations out there and you cannot just assume the problem it not at your end. I recently had issues with another site and it was simply a setting in my browser (IE11) that had not been activated.
                      I have a setup comparable to yours, or exceeding your specs, and everything changed for worse yesterday. That is no coincidence.

Comment

• Here is announcement from FR24

We would like to thank everyone for their patience as we have launched the new Flightradar24. After launch we experienced a surge of users and each was much more active on the site than normal. This put a significant strain on the site’s capacity. We immediately began adding capacity, but our initial increases were not enough. Due in large part to the massive popularity of the new 3D View—we recorded 1.5 million users in the first 24 hours—we needed even more capacity.

We now believe that we’re operating with enough capacity and that most of the issues and access interruptions have been solved by our latest increase.

Should you continue to experience any issues with the site, please let us know at support [at] fr24.com and we will promptly investigate. Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

If you haven’t already, take a look around the site and try out a 7-day free trial of one of our new Premium subscriptions!
                        From tapatalk
                        Last edited by Amper; 2016-03-18, 22:38.
                        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                          Here is announcement from FR24
                          What a load of "tosh".

As my dad used to say "Tell it to the Marines".
                          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Scenery in 3D is still not loading completely on my Samsung laptop. Also, planes in 3D seem to change altitude at random and the altitude stats are not updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                              What a load of "tosh".

As my dad used to say "Tell it to the Marines".
                              Just a messenger...

From tapatalk
                              For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Brilliant update!!! I must be very lucky because I've had no bugs whatsoever and everything is running like a dream.

Wal

Comment

Working...
                                X