Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gaelan View Post
    Hi All,

Yesterday, shortly after lunch time (UTC) Flightradar24 launched a newer version of the website with added features. Unfortunately after this release we've encountered a technical issue
    Hmmm? Reminds me of the last update. Does no one test these changes before they are released?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Thanks for update Gaelan.

Now, here's an idea - In the interim whilst you fix the bugs. Why not roll-back to previous website that worked - you do keep backups, right? Fix the filtering bugs and other issues. Get it working 100% and then, upload to public domain.
      T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
      Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
      Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

• Originally posted by Responder View Post
        Now, here's an idea - In the interim whilst you fix the bugs.
        It looks like all the "bugs" were fixed a few hours ago.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
          It looks like all the "bugs" were fixed a few hours ago.
          Indeed, works for me now, including the Fleet View filter. Thanks FR24!

Comment

• Oops! I forgot the old magic trick - Logout, Clear Cache and log back in.

I concur, all is well again. Thank you :-)
            T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
            Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
            Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaelan View Post
              Hi All,

Yesterday, shortly after lunch time (UTC) Flightradar24 launched a newer version of the website with added features. Unfortunately after this release we've encountered a technical issue which has resulted in the below general issues:

* Aircraft icons not appearing for users who are logged in, however re-appearing when users choose to log-out
              * General filtering issues, including filters not working at all
              * Aircraft history loading slowly or not at all

Our developers are currently investigating these issues as a matter of priority and we hope to have them resolved ASAP!

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience this is causing you! Feel free to also email our support team at support@fr24.com
              *Sigh*

I see you still haven't learned from your past mistakes. Didn't we have this exact same discussion about 6 months ago when you decided to "improve" the site which resulted in a non-functional site for several months? Sure enough, here we are again. Are you going to be issuing full refunds to all paying subscribers for using them as beta testers because you can't be bothered to employ any of your own or are we expected to just keep quiet and suck it up again?

Comment

• The option to remove the side bar has been removed. It was previously under the 'misc' settings but no longer there. I now have the side bar filling quarter of my screen and have to click on the 'expand' icon every time I view the map. This is what you call an improvement ??

Comment

• Originally posted by rik130 View Post
                  I now have the side bar filling quarter of my screen and have to click on the 'expand' icon every time I view the map. This is what you call an improvement ??
                  My FR24 map retains my preferences between sessions. So when I use the Expand icon to hide the top and left hand bars, they stay hidden until I toggle them back on. I don't have to "click on the 'expand' icon every time I view the map"

What browser are you using?
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

The option to remove the side bar has been removed. It was previously under the 'misc' settings but no longer there. I now have the side bar filling quarter of my screen and have to click on the 'expand' icon every time I view the map. This is what you call an improvement ??
                    I have found the problem you describe to be only apparent with WinXP using Chrome. No combination of Windows 7 or 10 with Firefox or Chrome will reproduce it for me. I don't have Win 8 or 8.1 on any computer nor do I have Firefox on an XP computer.

Comment

The option to remove the side bar has been removed. It was previously under the 'misc' settings but no longer there. I now have the side bar filling quarter of my screen and have to click on the 'expand' icon every time I view the map. This is what you call an improvement ??

Yes to this. The left side bar takes up too much real estate.
                      F-KDAG1

Comment

Ditto

In the "map view" only the expand option removes this total waste of space.
                        Change to the "multi view" and the left side bar is hidden.

Using Windows 7 with Firefox v49.0.2.

All options should be just that, with the ability to turn them on
                        or off as required. I don't believe that this is that difficult to do

This looks like another fail to test the software before release.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
                          Ditto
                          This looks like another fail to test the software before release.
                          We do not know if this was a specified feature that was tested?

Since the "Expand" option removes the top and side bars, I don't have an issue. I can still remove them.

However, the expand icon is missing a tool tip. The other four icons have one.
                          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• We have just released an update to the web page. It contains some minor changes to the data pages and delay view + general bug fixes.

If you experience any problems we recommend clearing the cache, cookies and close the browser. Open the browser and log in again, to make sure that you get the latest versions of all files. If the problem remains please contact support@fr24.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              We have just released an update to the web page. It contains some minor changes to the data pages and delay view + general bug fixes.

If you experience any problems we recommend clearing the cache, cookies and close the browser. Open the browser and log in again, to make sure that you get the latest versions of all files. If the problem remains please contact support@fr24.com
                              Logged out, cookies deleted, logged in, absolutely nothing has changed....

What was wrong with putting the 'show sidebar' option back in the settings with the on/off slider as before? You know, because it worked just fine? Why do you keep making all these "improvements" when there was nothing wrong with the existing version? All it serves to do is piss people off and 9 times out of 10 introduces a load of bugs that weren't there before.
                              Last edited by rik130; 2016-11-03, 13:03.

Comment

Logged out, cookies deleted, logged in, absolutely nothing has changed....

What was wrong with putting the 'show sidebar' option back in the settings with the on/off slider as before? You know, because it worked just fine? Why do you keep making all these "improvements" when there was nothing wrong with the existing version? All it serves to do is piss people off and 9 times out of 10 introduces a load of bugs that weren't there before.
                                We are sorry if experiencing every change we make as negative.

Instead if having 2 different settings in 2 locations doing more or less the same, we merged the 2 fullscreen settings and we moved the fullscreen button to the map easily accessible. It can be turned on/off in with one click (instead of 5-10 clicks before) on most views, including playback on data pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X