New webpage design: Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a bug - I think.

It's on my custom bookmarks. Let's say you have two bookmarks A and B looking at different airports with a filter set for that airport.

If I go from bookmark A to bookmark B although the new filter is set correctly when you look at 'filters', the display shows no planes at all until you click filter off then on again. Exactly the same thing happens when you switch back to bookmark A etc.

For me it is not a problem at all but the filters on my bookmarks on the previous version of the webpage worked as expected.

Feeding FR24 since 11/09/13

Comment

• Originally posted by HikokiOtaku View Post
      Found a bug - I think.

It's on my custom bookmarks. Let's say you have two bookmarks A and B looking at different airports with a filter set for that airport.

If I go from bookmark A to bookmark B although the new filter is set correctly when you look at 'filters', the display shows no planes at all until you click filter off then on again. Exactly the same thing happens when you switch back to bookmark A etc.

For me it is not a problem at all but the filters on my bookmarks on the previous version of the webpage worked as expected.
      I have the same problem. When clicking on my bookmark it works like a on-off toggle switch.

Poul
      T-EKCH5: Raspberry Pi 4-B (Buster) + FlightAware Pro Stick Plus + FlightAware 1090MHz Bandpass Filter Dark Blue + A3-ADS-B Antenna

Comment

Found a bug - I think.

Hi HikokiOtaku.

I have tried to reproduce this without success, this is what I tried:

Zoom in on LHR, add filter to only display aircraft with callsign starting with BA, save bookmark as LHR with all switches ON (position, map type, settings, filters).

Zoom in on FRA, add filter to only display aircraft with callsign starting with DLH, save bookmark as FRA with all switches ON.

Now switching between the two bookmarks, with the effect of the map panning between the two airports, and filters are automatically changed according to the bookmarks.

Could you describe again how you can reproduce the reported issue?

Thanks for helping out!

Olov

Comment

• Hello Olov,

Thank you for looking into this. I don't know what you have done but I can confirm it does now work. I tried rebooting as well and the issue seems to have gone!
          I can confirm I wasn't being impatient, as an experiment I left the PC alone for around ten minutes once to see if the filter was just taking time to have effect and it wasn't working.

However as I say it is now working fine so once again thank you!

Comment

Hello Olov,

Thank you for looking into this. I don't know what you have done but I can confirm it does now work. I tried rebooting as well and the issue seems to have gone!
            I can confirm I wasn't being impatient, as an experiment I left the PC alone for around ten minutes once to see if the filter was just taking time to have effect and it wasn't working.

However as I say it is now working fine so once again thank you!
            Hi!

If your filter setting is disabled when you select a bookmark with a filter in it, you filter will still be disabled. Could that explain your issue?

Olov

Comment

• Hello Olov, no the filter setting is enabled, plus it is very rare I do not use my own bookmarks.

The issue I had was that no planes were visible at all when I switched bookmarks. I'm guessing what was happening is that the new filter wasn't taking effect when I changed the bookmark. The reason I think this may be the case is that my bookmarks show a view directly over the airport and not a wide view of a region/country, so when I changed bookmark I didn't see any planes because the previous filter was still in operation, if I zoomed out I would I'm sure seen planes destined for the airport for the bookmark I switched from - hope this makes sense.

Anyway it's working now, thank you.

Comment

• Noticing quite a few aircraft around SYD (YSSY) Sydney, Australia with no 'radar' id at all. A local issue or more widespread?

Regards,
                Gregg

On further checking, looks like any aircraft with a 'T' feeder radar isn't displaying the radar id at all.
                Last edited by fungus; 2016-05-10, 07:29.
                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
                  Noticing quite a few aircraft around SYD (YSSY) Sydney, Australia with no 'radar' id at all. A local issue or more widespread?

Regards,
                  Gregg

On further checking, looks like any aircraft with a 'T' feeder radar isn't displaying the radar id at all.
                  Hi Gregg!

We are currently deploying a few changes to our backend, that is most likely the reason.. I will keep my eyes on it.

Thanks,
                  Olov

Comment

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
                    Hi Gregg!

We are currently deploying a few changes to our backend, that is most likely the reason.. I will keep my eyes on it.

Thanks,
                    Olov
                    Thanks for that Olov. Hope your backend doesn't get too sore.

Regards,
                    Gregg
                    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Olov,

All seems back to normal at the moment re the 'no radar id' so thanks heaps.

Regards,
                      Gregg

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
                        Thanks for that Olov. Hope your backend doesn't get too sore.

Regards,
                        Gregg
                        Not my backend , the websites! If thats not making things worse

Comment

• I think there are still problems with MMS Client "N" feeds.

I'm adding filter "N" showing "T"

Adsız.jpg
                          F-LTBJ1 & N-LTBJ1 & T-LTBJ1 Izmir / Turkey

F-LTAN1 Konya / Turkey

F-LTCS1 SanliUrfa / Turkey

F-LTFJ3 Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport / Turkey

Comment

• I'm curious to know why FR24 is seemingly deliberately "feeding" incorrect data.

I've just been watching the live map off the coast of Newfoundland and saw EIN1HL appear on the map, showing up as B752 G-ZAPX, allegedly live pinging hex 400E77 as still tracking on mode-s/VHF at the point. Nothing out of the ordinary there, just the Titan 757 on lease to them :

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Then right alongside it I saw an unidentified ping, hex 4CA068 and mode-s callsign AIRCONT1, same flight level, same track and also showing out of BOS. Hmm, what's this then? Some sleuthing discovered it's Air Contractors (ASL Ireland) latest B752 EI-CJX which was operating BOS-SNN as EIN1HL (EIN134).

But how can 2 completely different frames be operating the same flight? I dug further and discovered that G-ZAPX came off lease to EIN yesterday 13th and ferried SNN-STN. Indeed, in the G-ZAPX history there's a flight to support that, namely EIN134P, and the aircraft is still parked at STN as I write. So why then is FR24 showing a live ping of G-ZAPX flying both westbound (EIN1AC) and eastbound (EIN1HL) across the NAT to BOS and back to SNN when no such event took place for that plane? There is even a pic of EI-CJX leaving SNN yesterday to BOS on its inaugural flight EIN135 : https://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/26920286211/. Another bug to add to the growing.

Comment

• once again, radar view has been unavailable for over a day.

i hope this means you are trying to fix it!!

nit

Comment

• Originally posted by smartymarty View Post
                                once again, radar view has been unavailable for over a day.

i hope this means you are trying to fix it!!

nit
                                Hi SmartyMarty,

Seems to be working now? Do you still have issues with it?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X