Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New webpage design: Bug reports

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ChuckinKona View Post
    Whenever I click on an aircraft I get an error message of "There was a problem fetching your data
    Please try again". I have seen that this has been reported several days ago, but want to make sure that it is still recognized as a problem. Windows7, Chrome. It is hard to get rid of.

    Chuckinkona
    Hi Chuckinkona!

    This should have been solved when we solved our performance issues, last parts of it going live yesterday but mostly under control since Monday/Tuesday.

    It could be related to your Internet connection, or the connectivity between Hawaii and us. Could you contact support@fr24.com please?

    Thanks,
    Olov

    Comment


    • The two photos on this page always show the same author, But it is usually not the case.
      1.PNG2.PNG
      China Kunming
      F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

      Comment


      • Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
        The two photos on this page always show the same author, But it is usually not the case.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]7238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7239[/ATTACH]
        Actually I see what you mean now, (wasn't explained very well)

        Olov, your code appears to pull the name from the first image it grabs and applies to subsequent.

        You can see his examples, the 3rd image is from a BobH

        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....gsearch=B-5930
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Actually I see what you mean now, (wasn't explained very well)

          Olov, your code appears to pull the name from the first image it grabs and applies to subsequent.

          You can see his examples, the 3rd image is from a BobH

          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....gsearch=B-5930
          Yes, please forgive my English.
          The first photo was taken by me, but the second photo was not taken by me.
          China Kunming
          F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

          Comment


          • Olov, when will playback be re-enabled please? It has been down for a full week now and the "Russian events" excuse doesn't really cut it anymore. It doesn't take long to hook up another server and add some bandwidth when you have the monthly income that you do from the subscribers. Please provide a date as I would like to cancel and seek a refund if it's not back up by then as this is my most used feature. Thanks.
            Last edited by rik130; 2016-03-24, 06:22.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
              Yes, please forgive my English.
              The first photo was taken by me, but the second photo was not taken by me.
              We can see the problem. Thank you for reporting. Will be handled quickly.

              Olov

              Comment


              • Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
                Yes, please forgive my English.
                The first photo was taken by me, but the second photo was not taken by me.
                Sorry - Wasn't the english (I noted you were from china) but couldn't quite understand what you meant by only 'not the case'

                Looks like it is tattoo'd onto each image separately. So there will be a script scraping the site for the name and not able to grab from more than 1 link.


                jetphotoerror.jpg
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                Comment


                • Originally posted by rik130 View Post
                  Olov, when will playback be re-enabled please? It has been down for a full week now and the "Russian events" excuse doesn't really cut it anymore. It doesn't take long to hook up another server and add some bandwidth when you have the monthly income that you do from the subscribers. Please provide a date as I would to cancel and seek a refund if it's not back up by then as this is my most used feature. Thanks.
                  Hi Rik130,


                  I understand your frustration, and I am not trying to make excuses. The new website release use a lot more resources than the old one, and currently we can not serve global playback without risking the performance of the rest of the website. We already added three new servers.

                  We did have a plan to re-enable it yesterday, before the easter holiday, but things got delayed and enabling it now just before a long holiday is just not a good idea. If there is one thing we don't need right now is to rush things and take risks.

                  Things do look good to re-enable Tuesday or Wednesday next week, that is what we are aiming for, but I would not say its 100% settled yet.

                  Thanks for you understanding!
                  Olov

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by scnrfrq View Post
                    In 3D view, if you follow a plane all the way down to touchdown, it just keeps going all along the runway, then past the airport. I don't know if it ever stops. Why does this happen?
                    We haven't yet implemented logic regarding stopping aircraft on ground after landing. It's on ours todo list and we will continue making 3d view more realistic.

                    Comment


                    • Can I ask for clarification about the free feeder subscription?

                      I am online, feeding data, as shown.

                      The Plan is displayed as Gold. I am sure I saw somewhere that feeders are supposed to get a free Premium Business subscription but all I can find on the website is that feeders "Get a FREE FlightRadar24 Premium subscription". It doesn't state at what level?

                      I did find an option to "Activate my free Business Subscription" but my account still shows Gold Plan.

                      Question 1

                      Is there a webpage that explains what subscriptions are available to feeders and how these are downgraded if the feed is offline?

                      Question 2

                      Should we see Business Plan Features under our Account?

                      01.JPG
                      Mike


                      www.radarspotting.com

                      Radarspotting since 2005

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                        Question 1

                        Is there a webpage that explains what subscriptions are available to feeders and how these are downgraded if the feed is offline?

                        Question 2

                        Should we see Business Plan Features under our Account?
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]7241[/ATTACH]
                        Read the FR24 official Blog page.
                        https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/i...m-subscribers/

                        it describes detail of your questions above..

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by John-h View Post
                          Read the FR24 official Blog page.
                          https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/i...m-subscribers/

                          it describes detail of your questions above..
                          Thanks for the link.

                          Maybe this information should be included on the website? I suspect others, like me and new feeders, wouldn't go looking for this in a Blog where it will become buried over time.

                          However, it doesn't answer the second Question. In fact it appears to suggest we should see "Business Plan Features" if we're sharing data, which I am. But it still shows as "Gold".

                          And it raises a third question. If the plan has been downgraded due to the feed being offline, will it be upgraded again when the feed is reinstated?
                          Mike


                          www.radarspotting.com

                          Radarspotting since 2005

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                            Thanks for the link.

                            Maybe this information should be included on the website? I suspect others, like me and new feeders, wouldn't go looking for this in a Blog where it will become buried over time.

                            However, it doesn't answer the second Question. In fact it appears to suggest we should see "Business Plan Features" if we're sharing data, which I am. But it still shows as "Gold".

                            And it raises a third question. If the plan has been downgraded due to the feed being offline, will it be upgraded again when the feed is reinstated?
                            You should have a business account as an active feeder. If you stop feeding, you will be downgraded to gold first, and later on to no plan at all. If you start your feed again after downgrade, you will be upgraded to business again.

                            So, thats how it supposed to work, but currently we have a known issue where feeders only get gold account. We are working on it right now.


                            Olov

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Olov View Post
                              You should have a business account as an active feeder. If you stop feeding, you will be downgraded to gold first, and later on to no plan at all. If you start your feed again after downgrade, you will be upgraded to business again.

                              So, thats how it supposed to work, but currently we have a known issue where feeders only get gold account. We are working on it right now.


                              Olov

                              I cleared FR24 cookies, disabled Adblock Plus and Ghostery on FR24 only, re-logged in and voila, I was upgraded to Business from Gold. this is with Firefox.
                              F-KDAG1

                              Comment


                              • The new wesbite also uses ( a huge quantity* of ) HTML5 Storage, so you may want to purge that as well as cookies if you're encountering weirdness. In Firefox you can do so by opening the developer console and issuing the command

                                localStorage.clear();


                                Another enhancement suggestion: for subscribers, provide a switch to disable the large aircraft photos that load in the side-panel and slow everything down whilst they do so. For anyone with an account they're probably mostly irrelevant and unwanted.
                                Edit: a quick and dirty way of disabling the images seems to be to block cdn.flightradar24.com but I haven't determined if that breaks anything else as yet.



                                * do we really need to have the global airport list persisted in our browser's local storage?
                                firefox_fr24_localstorage.JPEG
                                Last edited by mimku; 2016-03-24, 15:56.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X