Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New webpage design: Bug reports

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kpin View Post
    No, the wind is always reported related to where it blows FROM.
    Correct. But not when it comes to wind arrows.

    When I was a pilot, we always marked the wind arrow on our chart pointing in the direction it was blowing.

    This is the quote from the UK's Met Office:

    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/guide/we...s#wind-symbols

    Wind symbols

    Mean wind speeds are shown in a white symbol. The numbers in the circle indicate the mean wind speed in the units you have chosen (Miles per hour, Kilometres per hour or knots). The arrow points in the direction in which the wind is blowing relative to true north. Wind gusts are shown in a grey symbol.


    Windfinder

    www.windfinder.com:

    The arrows are aligned with the wind stream direction. Example: a northerly wind (e.g. a wind that is coming from the north, blowing to the south) is indicated with an arrow pointing downward.

    XCSkies

    www.xcskies.com:

    Reading Wind Barbs

    Reading wind barbs are not complicated. The use of wind barbs show both wind direction and speed. Think of them as arrows in terms of direction, which each barb (pennant) at the tail representing speed.


    The barbs representing arrow tail feathers.

    And finally NASA:

    http://quest.arc.nasa.gov/aero/virtu...atherchart.htm

    Wind

    Wind is a vital consideration in navigation. It can assist or hinder the speed of an aircraft relative to the ground, and can blow an aircraft from its intended course. The movement of air may become turbulent and under extreme conditions, turbulence can pose a danger to aircraft. Weather charts use wind arrows to depict the speed and direction of wind. The head of the arrow points in the direction toward which the wind is blowing. (However, winds are described by the direction from which they are blowing - a north wind is a wind blowing from the north.) Wind speed is indicated by the feathers on the arrow. Full feathers represent 10 knot increments; half feathers represent five knots.


    I'm with Junglejet.
    Mike


    www.radarspotting.com

    Radarspotting since 2005

    Comment


    • Originally posted by radiosutch View Post
      As FYI I am still being logged out of the web site.
      F type Feeder
      Business sub it says
      Win 7
      Chrome and Explorer
      Thanks, we are aware of the log out bug still existing and working on it!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Anmer View Post
        Correct. But not when it comes to wind arrows.
        ....

        And finally NASA:

        http://quest.arc.nasa.gov/aero/virtu...atherchart.htm



        Wind

        Wind is a vital consideration in navigation. It can assist or hinder the speed of an aircraft relative to the ground, and can blow an aircraft from its intended course. The movement of air may become turbulent and under extreme conditions, turbulence can pose a danger to aircraft. Weather charts use wind arrows to depict the speed and direction of wind. The head of the arrow points in the direction toward which the wind is blowing. (However, winds are described by the direction from which they are blowing - a north wind is a wind blowing from the north.) Wind speed is indicated by the feathers on the arrow. Full feathers represent 10 knot increments; half feathers represent five knots.


        I'm with Junglejet.
        The NASA bit convinced my

        Comment


        • Ok, so we are happy with the current wind arrow situation then? When we have wind 180, we point the arrow to the north. 360 we point the arrow towards the south.

          Comment


          • Is there any ETA about the Airport PINs which are still visible when zoomed out? Latest Chrome on Windows 7 and 10
            Regards,
            T-EDDE7

            Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
            Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Olov View Post
              Ok, so we are happy with the current wind arrow situation then? When we have wind 180, we point the arrow to the north. 360 we point the arrow towards the south.
              It depends what you're doing right now? As Junglejet mentioned, he doesn't know if it's pointing in the wrong direction or the calculation is out by 180 degrees?

              When I viewed some flights, it looked to be pointing in the wrong direction. But I didn't know what data you were representing.

              "When we have wind 180".

              What do you mean? Is the wind blowing from 180 degrees or to it?

              If the wind is blowing from 0 to 180 degrees, the arrow should point towards 180 degrees.
              Mike


              www.radarspotting.com

              Radarspotting since 2005

              Comment


              • Probably easier to describe if everyone wants it pointing upwind, or downwind to save confusion
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                Comment


                • Originally posted by equi View Post
                  Is there any ETA about the Airport PINs which are still visible when zoomed out? Latest Chrome on Windows 7 and 10
                  Not sure this is a bug, if you have airports set to auto in settings, we show the 100 largest airports even when you zoom out.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Olov View Post
                    Not sure this is a bug, if you have airports set to auto in settings, we show the 100 largest airports even when you zoom out.
                    Is there any way to disable it?
                    Regards,
                    T-EDDE7

                    Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by equi View Post
                      Is there any way to disable it?
                      Yes, in settings. Like this:

                      https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6cun9ezg4..._pins.png?dl=0

                      Good news for you, we will actually consider this a bug after all, and stop showing airport pins on zoom-level 1-3 if "Airport pins" are set to "Auto" in settings. Being implemented as we speak, hopefully released today.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                        It depends what you're doing right now? As Junglejet mentioned, he doesn't know if it's pointing in the wrong direction or the calculation is out by 180 degrees?

                        When I viewed some flights, it looked to be pointing in the wrong direction. But I didn't know what data you were representing.

                        "When we have wind 180".

                        What do you mean? Is the wind blowing from 180 degrees or to it?

                        If the wind is blowing from 0 to 180 degrees, the arrow should point towards 180 degrees.
                        As far as I can tell, checking against Metar it seems to be correct on Flightradar24.com. Aircraft report wind vector.

                        Any objections, please let me know.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Probably easier to describe if everyone wants it pointing upwind, or downwind to save confusion

                          Or using defacto stands as described previously.
                          Mike


                          www.radarspotting.com

                          Radarspotting since 2005

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Olov View Post
                            Yes, in settings. Like this:

                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6cun9ezg4..._pins.png?dl=0

                            Good news for you, we will actually consider this a bug after all, and stop showing airport pins on zoom-level 1-3 if "Airport pins" are set to "Auto" in settings. Being implemented as we speak, hopefully released today.
                            In my eyes it is a bug when I compare the same zoom level to the old Page. In the old Page you had no Pins at this level. You can see that the Pins are annoying when you try to track aircrafts (in this case some GMI aircrafts are not selectable because of Pins, e.g. HECA or GCXO) :/ Would love to see a fix of this bug soon
                            Airport_Pins_Bug.jpg
                            Regards,
                            T-EDDE7

                            Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                            Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by equi View Post
                              In my eyes it is a bug when I compare the same zoom level to the old Page. In the old Page you had no Pins at this level. You can see that the Pins are annoying when you try to track aircrafts (in this case some GMI aircrafts are not selectable because of Pins, e.g. HECA or GCXO) :/ Would love to see a fix of this bug soon
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]7226[/ATTACH]
                              Agreed, probably a better choice to hide pins at that zoom level. We are on it!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Olov View Post
                                Agreed, probably a better choice to hide pins at that zoom level. We are on it!
                                Awesome, thank you and the Devs
                                Regards,
                                T-EDDE7

                                Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                                Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X