No announcement yet.

New webpage design: Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wind direction arrow in the sidebar info window is the wrong way around, it should point to the direction the wind is blowing TO not blowing FROM -OR - the wind direction is miscalculated by 180 degrees. Couldn't figure out today what the reason is.

Comment

• The wind direction is miscalculated by 180 degrees

Comment

• In 3D view, if you follow a plane all the way down to touchdown, it just keeps going all along the runway, then past the airport. I don't know if it ever stops. Why does this happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
          Well,.. that error message was added today. Before this if you clicked an aircraft, and our server didnt respond (or your internet connection was down) nothing would happen. Just the URL would change.

Given your other error with screen freeze after 5 minutes, it feels like it somehow related. I will email you with further questions and take it from there.

Olov
          Hi All,

And it happend as Olov promissed. Verry quick, helpfull and kind. This all results in a verry beautifull result. All works verry well overhere since then. One restriction: alle works now under Google Chrome where it worked under IE until sofar. No freezing any more and all informations are available.

I am a verry happy now since the great help of Olov. May be I missed something in the recent past but fr24 works 100% at the moment sice the last 4 hours sice I changed the operation from IE 11 to Google Chrome. It makes, in my case, a big difference in use of fr24.

I hope this helps to collegues who have still problems.

And thanks again Olov. All goes verry "smooth" overhere!

Kind Regards, Hans
          -
          13 NM East of EHAM
          -

Comment

• No logoff issues here now - thanks!

Comment

• In 3D view, if you follow a plane all the way down to touchdown, it just keeps going all along the runway, then past the airport. I don't know if it ever stops. Why does this happen?
              I don't think there's a cure for this. Obstructions play a bigger role as a plane touches down and it seems the algorithm does the best it can with incomplete data frames. Planes will appear to dance sideways, go in reverse, etc. The only cure is better receiver antenna position with uninterrupted line of sight.
              F-KDAG1

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
                I don't think there's a cure for this. Obstructions play a bigger role as a plane touches down and it seems the algorithm does the best it can with incomplete data frames. Planes will appear to dance sideways, go in reverse, etc. The only cure is better receiver antenna position with uninterrupted line of sight.
                While I have little interest in 3D viewing, your comment about the glitches generated close to the ground also highlights the reason why aircraft animation needs to be optional because these often extreme deviations are not a preferable viewing experience to a plane that just stops on the runway as used to be the case when animation was optional.

Comment

• Can't see number of aircraft

I'm using a desktop Windows PC running Chrome browser. In the top left I can't see the number of aircraft. I have my browser set to 110% because of my eyesight. If I bump it up higher I can see the number of aircraft, otherwise I can't. Here is what it looks like for me at 110%. Can you correct this?

Thanks

cant read aircraft.PNG

Comment

• Originally posted by junglejet View Post
                    The wind direction arrow in the sidebar info window is the wrong way around, it should point to the direction the wind is blowing TO not blowing FROM -OR - the wind direction is miscalculated by 180 degrees. Couldn't figure out today what the reason is.
                    No, the wind is always reported related to where it blows FROM. 270/10 means 10 knots FROM the west. Westerlies are winds FROM the west.
                    We could discuss the direction of the arrow, but it shouldn't be an arrow anyway. The meteorological sign is something like this:
                    wind.JPG
                    where the side pins indicate strength in 5/10 knot increments

Comment

• Is it just me or is there still an issue with alerts? Mine are still in my account but have completely stopped alerting about two days ago.
                      Last edited by Artdime; 2016-03-23, 05:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artdime View Post
                        Is it just me or is there still an issue with alerts? Mine are still in my account but have completely stopped alerting about two days ago.
                        Yes, some accounts still have issues with alerts. Will look into it today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          I'm using a desktop Windows PC running Chrome browser. In the top left I can't see the number of aircraft. I have my browser set to 110% because of my eyesight. If I bump it up higher I can see the number of aircraft, otherwise I can't. Here is what it looks like for me at 110%. Can you correct this?

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7221[/ATTACH]
                          Hi Matt,

I will have a web developer look into it, can't make promises unless it's a quick fix I'm afraid.

Olov

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                            While I have little interest in 3D viewing, your comment about the glitches generated close to the ground also highlights the reason why aircraft animation needs to be optional because these often extreme deviations are not a preferable viewing experience to a plane that just stops on the runway as used to be the case when animation was optional.
                            Agreed, if you have not already, please post a request for the option to disable animation in the feature request thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bierboum View Post
                              Hi All,

And it happend as Olov promissed. Verry quick, helpfull and kind. This all results in a verry beautifull result. All works verry well overhere since then. One restriction: alle works now under Google Chrome where it worked under IE until sofar. No freezing any more and all informations are available.

I am a verry happy now since the great help of Olov. May be I missed something in the recent past but fr24 works 100% at the moment sice the last 4 hours sice I changed the operation from IE 11 to Google Chrome. It makes, in my case, a big difference in use of fr24.

I hope this helps to collegues who have still problems.

And thanks again Olov. All goes verry "smooth" overhere!

Kind Regards, Hans
                              Thank you for your kind words Hans.

We have now re-tested the website with IE11 and Windows 7. Unfortunately we could not reproduce the freezing issue you had. Perhaps your IE11 instance has something cached from the previous release, or something else differs between your system and our test system.

If we get more IE11/Win7 error reports we will look into it again, until then you seem to be happy enough with Chrome.

Olov

Comment

• As FYI I am still being logged out of the web site.
                                F type Feeder
                                Business sub it says
                                Win 7
                                Chrome and Explorer

Comment

Working...
                                X