Wrong time on Your Account page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong time on Your Account page

I noticed that the details about my own receiver in the Premium - Your Account page are all correct apart from the time: it seems to be one hour ahead of UTC. As I write this, the page reads:

I have my feeder here with me, in London's time zone, and the time now is definitely 21:11, same as UTC, so the Last upload time is one hour into the future, according to the page. I guess it's a bug in the page, unless it's supposed to show CET time...
    T-EGKK42

Originally posted by Deeday-UK View Post
    I noticed that the details about my own receiver in the Premium - Your Account page are all correct apart from the time: it seems to be one hour ahead of UTC. As I write this, the page reads:

I have my feeder here with me, in London's time zone, and the time now is definitely 21:11, same as UTC, so the Last upload time is one hour into the future, according to the page. I guess it's a bug in the page, unless it's supposed to show CET time...
    Just checked my feed and I am seeing the same, the top of the page shows the correct time and states UTC, but the last upload time is an hour in advance. if you go to "more info " then all the times on that page are OK, it looks like a bug on the one page.
    Ben.
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

It has been like this for more than a year now. At one time it was showing 2 hours ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Limpost View Post
        It has been like this for more than a year now. At one time it was showing 2 hours ahead.
        The reason is the server is in Sweden and it is +1 in the Winter and +2 when daylight savings time takes effect in that location.

When a server is configured the admin determines what time zone is to be used for time stamping. FR24 does a lot of local stuff on that same server so it was set to that timezone rather than UTC for time stamping. The account statistics if running on that server does an interpolation to UTC.

This is not a recent phenomena but has been this way for years. So now you have the answer so forget about it and accept it as something beyond your control and will not change.

John
        F-RPVD1
        Dumaguete

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
          The reason is the server is in Sweden and it is +1 in the Winter and +2 when daylight savings time takes effect in that location.

When a server is configured the admin determines what time zone is to be used for time stamping. FR24 does a lot of local stuff on that same server so it was set to that timezone rather than UTC for time stamping. The account statistics if running on that server does an interpolation to UTC.

This is not a recent phenomena but has been this way for years. So now you have the answer so forget about it and accept it as something beyond your control and will not change.

John
          F-RPVD1
          Dumaguete
          Thanks John for the info. As long as FR24 accepts my data upload to their server, I am ok with it. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
            So now you have the answer so forget about it and accept it as something beyond your control
            Yes Sir! I will forget about it, Sir!
            T-EGKK42

Comment

Working...
            X