So many unknowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many unknowns

Anybody explain all the 'unknowns' at EIDW (Dublin) today?There is one directly on the Control Tower (middle left) which comes up as 'ERA multilateral surface movment calibrator' when clicked,but the rest show nothing.Codes are as follows:
    4CA337
    4CA44C
    4CA339
    4CA33A
    4CA44F
    4CA44E
    4CA44D
    I also have to ask,is anyone else getting the same as me?I've checked all my settings and filters and nothings amiss.Getting the same with my Android app.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jedthebass; 2015-11-27, 15:59.

Antenna locations id say. Marking high points and mlat equipment used by ATC for ground tracking

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

OK Oblivian but they haven't always been there.Just today.And you're right,2 of them are at antenna installations and 1 at the Tower.Another 4 seem to be around the piers.I've seen 'unknowns' before but they're usually temporary,never lasting all day.I've also posted on the FR24 Ireland F/B page and somebody there said that he wasn't seeing them on his FR24.Maybe its just me.....Thanx.

Comment

OK.Day 2 and they're still there.Could I ask any some of you to check and see if you're getting the same as me please.EIDW,Dublin Airport.Ireland.Even better if somebody could tell me if theres a way to get rid of them,as they're causing a lot of clutter on screen.Many thanx.

Comment

You could let FR24 know about it, and see if they can block it from the map.
          The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Just tried that.Typed it all in,clicked 'send' and the word 'required' in red appeared in the middle of the form.Nothing is missed out other than me having to click 'other' when asked which OS I was using (W10) as it wasn't listed in the drop-down menu,and I ain't typing in all that again.I'm slightly(but not completely) surprised by the number of views that this thread has had, that nobody can shed any light.Thanx for your input though SoCalBrian.

Comment

Hi all,

This is Gaelan from FR24 Support. We're aware of these transmissions at Dublin Airport. It appears they are MLAT stationary transmitter's which are being used to confirm calculations are accurate and to perform calibrations. You can see this info in the screen shot below:
              MLAT calibrator.JPG

We've chosen not to block them at this current point in time as they are most likely temporary transmitters.
              Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

This is almost a month on since my OP.Nothing has changed re.the situation as far as I can see except that the Southern Beacon now has a vehicle icon.Would there be any possibility of blocking these icons now as EIDW is looking very cluttered while they're there,and they dont seem to be serving any useful function?Thanks.

Comment

If its not possible to block them would it be possible to allocate them Ground Vehicle icons so they can at least be switched of via the 'Show Ground Vehicles' option?

Comment

I've noticed recently that if I 'untick' the 'Show Ground Vehicles' slider under 'Visibility' all but one of the 'unknowns' disappear,whether or not they have Vehicle icons.This also of course removes all the genuine Ground vehicles however,which defeats the purpose.Oh well...

Comment

Working...
                    X