Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Plugins

Hi guys,

As you may know, Chrome no longer supports NPAPI plugins, such as the Google Earth plugin which FR24 uses for its 3D mode. It is currently still possible to use these plugins, but only if you manually enable that feature using a flag. In the near future, this may not be possible.

I was wondering what FR24's plans are regarding this, as no one using Chrome will be able to use this feature if nothing is done about it.

Originally posted by flightkitty View Post
    Hi guys,

As you may know, Chrome no longer supports NPAPI plugins, such as the Google Earth plugin which FR24 uses for its 3D mode. It is currently still possible to use these plugins, but only if you manually enable that feature using a flag. In the near future, this may not be possible.

I was wondering what FR24's plans are regarding this, as no one using Chrome will be able to use this feature if nothing is done about it.
    Didn't know that had happened yet as I thought it was set down for the end of this year. I don't use 3D on FR24 (nor do I use Chrome much) but I do use another application that needs NPAPI and its sponsor has advised users to ditch Chrome in favour of Firefox - end of story. FR24 have long recommended Chrome as the preferred browser so it will be interesting to see how they respond because a lot of people seem to like the 3D feature.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
      Didn't know that had happened yet as I thought it was set down for the end of this year. I don't use 3D on FR24 (nor do I use Chrome much) but I do use another application that needs NPAPI and its sponsor has advised users to ditch Chrome in favour of Firefox - end of story. FR24 have long recommended Chrome as the preferred browser so it will be interesting to see how they respond because a lot of people seem to like the 3D feature.
      Yeap, similar result from EA with the Battlefield3 launcher plugin a few days before Sept1. v45 recently come out and it has all but blanket dropped it now in preparation for removal.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I use Chrome as I much prefer it to anything else, especially for my gmail and I wondered why it had stopped working and comes up with error 1603 when trying to reinstall the plugin, as I thought it was that.

So, as we've had no reply from the FR24 Team as of yet, I can only assume they are working fast on a fix for the 3D issue on "their" preferred browser, Chrome ;-)
        T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
        Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
        Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

Working...
        X