Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incorrect data being displayed and visibility filter issues with KDTW data....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect data being displayed and visibility filter issues with KDTW data....

When visibility for traffic around KDTW is set to ADS-B only why are some T-xxxxx feeders forcing MLAT aircraft to be displayed using their radar ident on my ADS-B only visibility setting?
    Not only is suspicious activity but its ruining local coverage here!!!!

Inaccurate info is coming from these feeders...

T-KDET2
    T-KARB2

T-KDET2 and T-KARB2 is ADS-B. MLAT traffic is denoted as T-MLATx on the front end.
    F-KDAG1

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
      T-KDET2 and T-KARB2 is ADS-B. MLAT traffic is denoted as T-MLATx on the front end.
      I realize the feeders are ADS-B but the aircraft they are populating on my ADS-B only visibility filter are not ADS-B capable aircraft. So my question is how are those feeders
      manipulating the software to make it look that way?

Comment

One of the aussie guys discovered if you have the wrong setting enabled in dump1090/rtl1090 it can incorrectly re-feed mode-s data it used for calculating local MLAT back in with the adsb data to be sent on and be re-attributed to different uploaders. Potentially this occurring.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          One of the aussie guys discovered if you have the wrong setting enabled in dump1090/rtl1090 it can incorrectly re-feed mode-s data it used for calculating local MLAT back in with the adsb data to be sent on and be re-attributed to different uploaders. Potentially this occurring.
          Sounds like a good possibility that is happening in this case. I have a feeling both feeds are being run by the same person and this is not being done on accident.

I have sent support two emails addressing the issue and haven't heard anything back and its been weeks since the last email. Seems sad that there is no control over these things. Those two feeds have taken over all other feeds shown on the site.

Comment

Working...
          X