Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Aircraft All Have No Call Sign?

268B3C.jpg268CD0.jpg268DA1.jpg2689E7.jpg268752.jpg

All were in the sky at the same time. All were being detected by the same radar. All have "268" in the registration. Why would all these aircraft show up as "no call sign"? I can find no info on this.

All have "268" in the registration.
    That's not the registration. It's the ICAO#. And all 5 are flying relatively slow, at low altitude so I'm guessing it's all single engine local traffic.
    F-KDAG1

Comment

Local aircraft should have tail numbers.

Same thing happened again today. All planes have 268 in the beginning of the ICAO number. Five planes in the sky at the same time that can't be identified by the same radar? Why is there no call number?

Untitled1.jpgUntitled2.jpgUntitled3.jpg

268E2A
      26880D

Comment

Looks like UAT at 978MHZ. More on this thread:

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...on-978-success!
        F-KDAG1

Comment

I should have mentioned too that these planes were spotted, then they each disappeared from the radar completely within a minute or so of each other. Military?

Comment

Patrick Reeves is probably correct, it's UAT (978 MHz) aircraft re-transmitted on ADS-B (1090 Mhz). 268xxx is not a valid HEX range, so the codes are not real.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Patrick Reeves is probably correct, it's UAT (978 MHz) aircraft re-transmitted on ADS-B (1090 Mhz). 268xxx is not a valid HEX range, so the codes are not real.
              The American always tried to be different from others - even though other's system ( ADS-B) is well accepted.

Good Example is: Europe use 220 Volts 50 Hz, while American use 115 Volts 60 Hz.
              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
              X