How is feed data chosen by FR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
    Oops. I assumed you have a FR24 box. The GPS antenna is needed for MLAT.
    If i connect and install a GPS chip to my RasPi... Will FR24 use that data for MLAT??

Comment

Originally posted by Lcova76 View Post
      If i connect and install a GPS chip to my RasPi... Will FR24 use that data for MLAT??
      If I understand it correctly, the GPS is for time syncing the data for MLAT. If your RasPi is syncing to the stratum 1, GPS locked NTP server sitting beside it (like mine is), I would have thought that would be accurate enough to use for MLAT??
      T-YSBK22

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
        Just randomize ADS-B data (Radar field only) with one line of code.

SELECT * FROM `Radar` ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1.

T-s and F-s treated equally, Everybody sees their callsign the same # of times, no mutiny, everybody's happy.
        Will be Better if Fr24 lists All stations tracking the flight.

Comment

Originally posted by snapovaz View Post
          Will be Better if Fr24 lists All stations tracking the flight.
          Nah. A waste of bandwidth used for better things. It's all about the front-end. As a new feeder it's a novelty to see your call-sign, after a short while it's time to move on to other things.
          F-KDAG1

Comment

Trying to find how many feeders FR24 needs before it accept a flight...

Me and a friend has set up 2 new feeds from Western Norway, Floroe
            approx N61.6036 E 5.0721 .

Because of the Norwegian fjords, I see mostly west and north, and he sees south (from west to east).
            Periodically we both get the same airplanes on screen ( VirtualRadar).

But in the same time I see that local flights do not appear on the FR24 until its long gone from here, and ar getting under some MLAT recievers...
            ( We are running the fr24feed.exe and the rtl2838 dongles... )

We might follow the local plane from sight to out of eye-reach and more on our virtualradar, but it does not appear on FR24 ... until it apperars with an MLAT-reciever ...

On FR 24 the statistics show that the flights are recorded...

Do we need to get more feeders to rise locally before it will show up, or is there somehting else thats the case ?

Regards Asbjorn.

Comment

Originally posted by aaamot View Post
              Trying to find how many feeders FR24 needs before it accept a flight...

Me and a friend has set up 2 new feeds from Western Norway, Floroe
              approx N61.6036 E 5.0721 .

Because of the Norwegian fjords, I see mostly west and north, and he sees south (from west to east).
              Periodically we both get the same airplanes on screen ( VirtualRadar).

But in the same time I see that local flights do not appear on the FR24 until its long gone from here, and ar getting under some MLAT recievers...
              ( We are running the fr24feed.exe and the rtl2838 dongles... )

We might follow the local plane from sight to out of eye-reach and more on our virtualradar, but it does not appear on FR24 ... until it apperars with an MLAT-reciever ...

On FR 24 the statistics show that the flights are recorded...

Do we need to get more feeders to rise locally before it will show up, or is there somehting else thats the case ?

Regards Asbjorn.
              1. As long as the quality of the data meets the requirements before being sent to the servers.

Mlat requres 4+ (Incl a FR24 box)

Remember it is captured between a time bracket, analysed and then bundled to be sent on. The exact requirements aren't privvy to us but what you see on VirtualRadar and other monitoring tools may not be realtime but predicted as it will often not drop a plane for 5 seconds or more after no contact (to stop it appearing and disappearing in low signal areas)

If you have contact with an aircraft, but due to the antenna or signal strength it is not meeting the 2 per second data hits, It may not fall into the category as a stable position for the server to decide it can be tracked sucessfully.

However, if the airframe you talk of is only being seen by MLAT, that says its probably not transmitting a location to be able to. Or you are viewing a feed local that is fed back from the likes FlightAware?
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Off track a bit lads....

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  Off track a bit lads....

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                  Hi, any suggestions on how to easily split this off to a new thread while I reply to the question of the other poster?

Comment

You mean like..

Thanks for the reply ! Since I first saw the reply, I have read a lot about ADS-B and MLAT and found that the planes that I miss on the map, does not i fact send their position. Just ID. Another question ; Is there a way for me to see how the quality of my signal is ? As of now I see "sendt 1 AC in 1 packet" that

Comment

Working...
                    X