Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLAT possible in Thailand now?

Hi,

Just wondering about the possibility of MLAT in Thailand now. I suspect the central region would have enough coverage now. Probably to the North and North East too.

Can we join Malaysia and the Philippines in MLAT coverage??

Thanks

Nathan F-VDBG1
    Last edited by HS0ZHG; 2015-01-27, 07:31.

Almost all receivers in Asia are activated for MLAT, but there are no areas in Thailand that are fully covered by 4 receivers.
    4 receivers in good distance with stable GPS and internet is the theoretical requirement, but in reality to get a stable signal and coverage you need 6-10 receivers spread out in an area of 100-200 km. In Taiwan we have 7-8 receivers and we are starting to get some MLAT coverage.

Comment

Thanks for the information Mike.

I was thinking with VDBG1 VTBS1 + 2 VTBD1 VTBH1 VTUN1 would have covered it for BKK and DMK area.

Maybe still not enough.

Comment

MLAT is now online here in Thailand. Just great FR24 Thank you

Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 13.12.37.pngScreen Shot 2015-02-23 at 13.13.37.png

Comment

bravo... hopefully FR24 will still get good applications and send it to Thailand to expand MLAT a bit.

Comment

Notice the MLAT in central Thailand too.
            A bit sorry that I cannot contribute to MLAT

Kanok, T-VTBD1
            T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
            T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Comment

Hi Kanok,

It looks like you contribute alot of data too. I see T-VTBD1 all the time on the screen. Why no F-VTBD1?

Nathan F-VTBW1

Comment

Originally posted by Kanok View Post
                Notice the MLAT in central Thailand too.
                A bit sorry that I cannot contribute to MLAT

Kanok, T-VTBD1
                Hi kanok,

Too bad... You tried applying for their receiver? Or some other reasons so you couldn't apply?

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                  Hi kanok,

Too bad... You tried applying for their receiver? Or some other reasons so you couldn't apply?
                  The T-VTBD1 HW was installed sometime before FR24 has their own box. Did try to apply for a box on another place but hadn't got reply, Perhaps both location are still too close (10km apart) and not full view of the sky. FR24 at that time also may want to spread the coverage more than the density of the receiver.

Kanok

Comment

I would expect a reply even if not accepted right? Maybe should submit again.

You must be very close to the airport. You are sending all of the ground traffic! What is your equipment at T-VTBD1? I am in Wang Nam Yen, Sa Kaeo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanok View Post
                      The T-VTBD1 HW was installed sometime before FR24 has their own box. Did try to apply for a box on another place but hadn't got reply, Perhaps both location are still too close (10km apart) and not full view of the sky. FR24 at that time also may want to spread the coverage more than the density of the receiver.

Kanok
                      Do you still have the reference code for your application? Maybe try to contact Olov via email with the application reference code? He can assess it again and see whether it is suitable. His email address can be found at the radar indonesia thread.

Originally posted by HS0ZHG View Post

-snip-
                      FR24 will not send a notification that the application is unsuccessful. They keep all applications in their database for backup/future use.
                      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-02-24, 08:10.

Comment

Originally posted by HS0ZHG View Post

You must be very close to the airport. You are sending all of the ground traffic! What is your equipment at T-VTBD1? I am in Wang Nam Yen, Sa Kaeo.
                        The T-VTBD1 is a RadarBox which is about 3km north of VTBD. The antenna is on top of the roof, no preamp.

Kanok

Comment

See T-MLAT5 working all the way from Prachub to Udon. Very impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X