Aircraft animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft animation

Is it just me but is there any way with the current FR24 version to turn off animation? It is a PITA when zoomed in, particularly on airports where approaching and departing aircraft jump forward and backwards. Tried everything I know including clearing cookies etc to no avail. Using Win 7 & Firefox.

There's a predictions option in premium login, but seems to be something esle as still does animations between the 4sec uploads
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
      Is it just me but is there any way with the current FR24 version to turn off animation? It is a PITA when zoomed in, particularly on airports where approaching and departing aircraft jump forward and backwards. Tried everything I know including clearing cookies etc to no avail. Using Win 7 & Firefox.
      It may be that the receiver at the airport is not receiving clear signals at all times, perhaps blocked by buildings and/or other obstructions. It occurs here at Sydney sometimes and also there is a Thai 747 which always reverses whilst transiting the taxiway from the gate all the way to runway 34L for takeoff. Obviously it doesnt do that but there must be an anomoly somewhere with its signal.

Regards,
      Gregg
      Last edited by fungus; 2015-01-19, 01:07.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        There's a predictions option in premium login, but seems to be something esle as still does animations between the 4sec uploads
        Yeah, thought I'd found the answer when I came across that a while ago but as you say it doesn't do the job. I think the intention of "predictions" is to set the duration of T-EST plotting after loss of signal but that does not seem to work in any predictable way either.

Comment

You can tell when the data is processed as the left display panel updates. So presumably the bits inbetween are like the old 'realtime' option that I would set for 4/8 seconds knowing it would be more realistic.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
          X