Missing Ground Traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wally,

LHR has truckloads of ground and airborne traffic which I would expect at this time of day (08:30hrs local). DXB not so much ground traffic but plenty airborne and noticeably only one principle receiver so I'd speculate (and that's all I can do) that it's to do with the number of receivers more than anything else. Just look at SYD (Sydney). Plenty of both at the moment- until the curfew tonight at 23:00hrs local and all to do with the plethora of receivers here. I can't in fact get a leg in on the map with my receiver now because of the number of receivers here (they're up to something like T-YSSY34 let alone others nearby and the 'F' feeders). I run it anyway from time to time when able. The situation is fluid, changing regularly for all manner of reasons not the least of which is the addition/deletion of receivers due to changes in uploaders' circumstances.

VHHH (Hong Kong) has plenty of both and by the looks of it, plenty of receivers.

Until you hear otherwise or some one from admin/support gets on here and advises otherwise, I'd be thinking that's the cause. On rare occasions they do have server issues but I don't think this is the case. Local issues can also play a small role (e.g. during blackouts/brownouts etc).

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2015-02-04, 22:45. Reason: additional info
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Looking fine

gnd.jpg
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I am an F feeder near YSSY and I had e-mailed FR24 previously asking why the ground vehicles I can see locally on my FR24 receiver's raw feed weren't visible on the FR24 website or the BaseStation feed. Apparently, there is a bug in the firmware relating to ground vehicles and it will be fixed in the coming weeks.

I was given an explanation as to why the bug exists, but I'm not sure FR24 would want me detailing that on a public forum, so unless they post here giving an OK for me to explain, I will stay mum (or alternatively, they can post and explain it themselves).

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Looking fine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5622[/ATTACH]
          I don't know what happened.

These are the 2 pictures - 1 from FR24 ( filtered for F-WSSS1) and the other with FR24 receiver and using Virtual Radar.

You experts here form your own conclusion.

I spent lots of $$$ - using Andy's antenna, online mast amplifier - only 5 metres of good grade coaxial cables, Mini-circuit Band Pass filter.

5 Feb 2015 F-WSSS1 on FR24.jpg5 Feb 2015 F-WSSS1 on virtual Radar(15).jpg
          Last edited by Birdie; 2015-02-04, 17:19.
          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
            Wally,

I'm not sure which system you are using but on my laptop I have WSSS up with ground traffic and also airborne traffic, although it does appear patchy. Local time there at the moment is 14:34hrs. Ony one receiver as well, F-WSSS1.

FR24 cant make receivers appear, they either need to wait for somebody to request a FR24 unit or a volunteer to begin uploading.

Regards,
            Gregg
            When I stand up - I can look out of my window and see ALL the aircrafts landing or taking off from WSSS.

But I see them otherwise on the FR24 site.
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Birdie,
              I can't speak on behalf of the others but I can tell you I'm no expert and that's why I added the comments re admin/tech support adding to the discussion. It seems to me from your pics that both outputs (from FR24 and VRS) appear the same and all would seem ok with the FR24 map. I think on a previous page that Mike did add a comment re no server issues so perhaps we need take this 'issue' no further.

Regards,
              Gregg
              Last edited by fungus; 2015-02-04, 21:42.
              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

As mentioned in a previous thread it's not a bug that all data is not shown. We have different rules for verifying different data from different data sources. Ground data is transmitted in other way than data in air so, with higher error rate, so we have higher requirements before we show it,

Comment

why mode-S is still down??? is it related to MLAT???

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
                    Birdie,
                    I can't speak on behalf of the others but I can tell you I'm no expert and that's why I added the comments re admin/tech support adding to the discussion. It seems to me from your pics that both outputs (from FR24 and VRS) appear the same and all would seem ok with the FR24 map. I think on a previous page that Mike did add a comment re no server issues so perhaps we need take this 'issue' no further.

Regards,
                    Gregg
                    Enough said - I have nothing more to add. I have feedback enough on the matter on why FR24 displayed less aircrafts than what is seen locally via VRS.

Today's 2 screen capture:

5 Feb 2015 F-WSSS1 on FR24(26).jpg5 Feb 2015 F-WSSS1 on virtual Radar(47).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      As mentioned in a previous thread it's not a bug that all data is not shown. We have different rules for verifying different data from different data sources. Ground data is transmitted in other way than data in air so, with higher error rate, so we have higher requirements before we show it,
                      is it possible to see/link the feed from FR24's module to VRS? is that allowed?

Comment

Working...
                      X