Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Ground Traffic

Hi,

Suddenly for no apparent reason, ground traffic at DXB, LHR and SIN has disappeared, there may be other airports with the same problem but these three are the ones I most often watch.

Can anyone suggest what I might have done to cause this to happen? Everything was fine before I shut down the computer whilst away at Christmas, when I rebooted the problem became apparent.

Thanks,

Wal
    Y-NHL1
    Last edited by Wally3178; 2015-01-19, 02:07.

Check this
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    if not, clear your browser cache
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Thanks Ampur. Settings as shown with the exception of FAA traffic which is set to off. Browser cache cleared several times already with no effect. Other airports are showing ground traffic, the ones I'm not interested in LOL

Cheers,

Wal
      Y-NHL1
      Last edited by Wally3178; 2015-01-19, 02:07.

Comment

Any active filters?
        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

What browser are you using? I've had it happen to me in Chrome but closing the browser and reopening it solved it for me.
          F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have no filters set permanantly, just the occasional flight that I might be tracking. As for shutting down and sr-starting Chrome, I've actually uninstalled and re-installed it several times, to no effect. What I don't understand is the presence of ground traffic at other locations but not at London, Dubai or Singapore.

Cheers,

Wal
            Y-NHL1
            Last edited by Wally3178; 2015-01-19, 02:06.

Comment

I'm seeing taxi traffic from WSSS1 at Singapore.. so all is good from this side of the world
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I'm beginning to think that its a server issue because the same problem occurs with my iPad version and because my mates are getting the same issues with the same airports. If anyone from FR24 is watching this thread, could you have a look at your end to see if there is any reason for this happening?

Cheers,

Wal
                Y-NHL1
                Last edited by Wally3178; 2015-01-19, 02:06.

Comment

There are no known server issues and all units are served the same data. It sound like you have changed some settings/filters. You don't give any information at all about the units with problems, so it's very hard to say anything more or do any tests.

Comment

Sorry Mike, I don't understand what you are getting at; what do you mean by "You don't give any information at all about the units with problems" ? If you mean you want system information for my PC then I'll have to email it to you, the forum has a size limit on uploading files.

I have changed no settings, there are no settings specific to individual airports that I can see. There are plenty of airports with ground traffic........ones I have little interest in. I have no filters set and regardless of whether I use IE, Chrome, Safari or the iPad app, the same three airports are missing their ground traffic, DXB, LHR and SIN. I personally believe that the problem stems from the new version of FR24 that we all started using a few weeks ago, I'm no expert but it seems a bit of a coincidence.

Cheers,

Wal

Comment

Maybe right thread...
                      You add new airport mark GML/UKKM but tab "On ground" didn't work on it. 30min ago test flight of new an148 P-672 was landed and no info about it on UKKM page, or nearest UKKK
                      Can you fix UKKM "On ground" page?
                      T-UKKK11

Comment

Originally posted by Wally3178 View Post
                        Hi,

Suddenly for no apparent reason, ground traffic at DXB, LHR and SIN has disappeared, there may be other airports with the same problem but these three are the ones I most often watch.

Wal
                        Y-NHL1
                        I have a 10 dBi Panel antenna facing directly into WSSS.

No ground traffic ?
                        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

I seriously suspect that the problem lies in the software being used by FR24, this didn't happen with the old version. I'm looking at WSSS now and not only is there no ground traffic but there is no airborne traffic either and this airport is a major hub for heavens sake. DXB is also showing a distinct lack of any traffic at all and they are supposed to be the busiest hub in the world. Come on guys, show some initiative and pull the new page down and reinstate the old one, at least until you have ironed out the problems and got it working as it should.

Wal
                          Y-NHL1

Comment

Wally,

I'm not sure which system you are using but on my laptop I have WSSS up with ground traffic and also airborne traffic, although it does appear patchy. Local time there at the moment is 14:34hrs. Ony one receiver as well, F-WSSS1.

FR24 cant make receivers appear, they either need to wait for somebody to request a FR24 unit or a volunteer to begin uploading.

Regards,
                            Gregg
                            Last edited by fungus; 2015-02-04, 06:43.
                            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

G'day Gregg,

Looking at WSSS now, it's 1504 there and there's nothing, not even a hint of traffic but I'm certain that there is some. I know there are a number of feeds emanating from the area but for some reason I'm not getting any of them; this has been an ongoing issue for me since the new page went up and I have an ongoing support docket with FR24. I'd be very interested to know what you see at DXB and LHR if you have time to look.

Cheers,

Wal
                              Y-NHL1

Comment

Working...
                              X