FR24 Web Page +/- Map Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 Web Page +/- Map Buttons

On the actual Map Page itself, there are +/- buttons to Zoom In and Zoom Out. It does it in Increments of 5 but then the map is either to close or too far away.

Is there anyway that the Increments can be reduced to 2 or is it a Google thing?
    T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
    Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
    Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Did you try with your mouse wheel....I didn't and can't right now...just asking
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Hi Amper,

Yes, I tried zooming in/out using the mouse wheel but it's the same increments - 5
      T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
      Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

then....that's it....
        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

How do you mean?
          Originally posted by Amper View Post
          then....that's it....
          That hasn't achieved anything. I would like someone to simply rewrite the source code so that the Map Zoom buttons or scrolling with a mouse, that on each click, the page only zooms in/out for 2 increments and not the 5 it's currently at.
          T-EGBB16

Comment

Goto maps.google.com

Scroll. Compare to fr24 screen

Same amount. = google API

No control.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Morning Oblivian,

Apologies for my delayed reply but I thank you for yours.

I have tried going to maps.google.com as you suggest but it keeps opening up a map showing my current location, with a route directions text editor and the settings wheel bottom right of that map which aren't of any use for the purpose we're trying to achieve.

At least i know where I am if I ever get lost haha. Be telling you soon which room you're in lol
              T-EGBB16

Comment

Originally posted by Responder View Post
                Morning Oblivian,

Apologies for my delayed reply but I thank you for yours.

I have tried going to maps.google.com as you suggest but it keeps opening up a map showing my current location, with a route directions text editor and the settings wheel bottom right of that map which aren't of any use for the purpose we're trying to achieve.

At least i know where I am if I ever get lost haha. Be telling you soon which room you're in lol
                I mean, search for the area you are looking at on FR24 in google maps. Its using the same API system to show the map, and FR24 add overlays.

I looked at the same area I watch for aircraft, FR24 on 1 tab matched the screen size/location on another tab of google maps, scrolled/zoomed. Both moved to the exact same levels. There appears to be no in-between levels like you are expecting.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi Oblivian, you're right, it's Google that's created this zoom in/out spacing code on a press of either button. Not FR24 like I initially thought, as there's no difference between Google maps and FR24 Map - my apologies FR24.

Right then, next step. Dear Google, (good luck with this one haha)
                  T-EGBB16

Comment

Working...
                  X