Why are some flight not shown ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are some flight not shown ?

Yesterday our daughter was returning from a holiday in Tenerife, expected to land early on Sunday.

I looked up Flightradar 24 and the only Tenerife flight showing was due to,arrive at about 17:05. I told my wife and were happy to see that it landed at about 17:15. We were therefore expecting out daughter to arrive home an hour or so later. After 2 hours, we start to panic.

It ends up that her flight landed at 19:07, but it had never been mentioned on FR24

Information from the Newcastle airport confirmed details as follows ..

Thomas Cook Airlines 6125
    Tenerife South(TFS) to Newcastle upon Tyne (NCL)
    Arrived 19:07

My question is simply . "how many flights are not shown ?" and why is this

thank you

You have all answers here http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works
    and here http://www.flightradar24.com/faq
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Your daughter's flight was tracked by FR24, operating with a flight ID/callsign TCX57TF. If you use playback you'll see it arriving at NCL around 19:00. The aircraft operating this flight is shown as Cronos Airlines, A320 YL-LCK.

The problem is (typically) caused when the air traffic flight ID/callsign (TCX57TF) is different to the ticketed flight number (MT6125) which is also used for airport departure and arrival boards.

FR24 tries to match these and show both but doesn't always succeed, especially when there's a switch between summer and winter schedules.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
        Thankyou 'Amper'

I have just had a quick look already on the first link you provided, but I'll take a more thorough look shortly.

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
        Your daughter's flight was tracked by FR24, operating with a flight ID/callsign TCX57TF. If you use playback you'll see it arriving at NCL around 19:00. The aircraft operating this flight is shown as Cronos Airlines, A320 YL-LCK.
        Thank you 'Anmer'

I had never used the playback option before. I tried it and yes, there was the plane.

last night though when I first looked, I clicked on the airport button and looked under the arrivals section. Only one Tenerife arrival was showing, so naturally we just assumed that was the correct one.

Comment

If you were looking at the Newcastle Arrivals on FR24, I don't think Thomas Cook flights are always shown.
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
          X