• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jb_bak
    replied
    Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    F-VHHH4,

Just like what amner said, your location itself already looks high. You can only experiment and find out whether raising to 10m helps you give better coverage to the south especially. It is worth a try if you can, at least you know what is the limit from your location. It is difficult to get a true 360 good line of sight for quite a few of us, even more so in the Hong Kong so what you already achieved is very good. Furthermore it will also help for FR24 MLAT in the future.

Off a tangent, any chance you are the liveatc feeder for VHHH? Where did you get your VHF/UHF antenna?

Also, maybe it is better to discuss this matters in Hong Kong Radar - it is far more easier to refer to and for HK feeders to share info easier. If you think so too, you can ask admin to merge this to there.
    No that is me

Leave a comment:

• F-VHHH4
    replied
    Any tool is for VHF & UHF radio panorama ?

Leave a comment:

• F-VHHH4
    replied
    Originally posted by Anmer View Post
    Does that site take into account the curvature of the earth?
    I think yes...but not sure.

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Originally posted by lanzarote View Post
    I didnīt know that site. I like this one
    Does that site take into account the curvature of the earth?

Leave a comment:

• F-VHHH4
    replied
    Originally posted by lanzarote View Post
    I didnīt know that site. I like this one http://www.heywhatsthat.com/
    Thanks your website. That is very useful !! But that this seems don`t have building factors...

Leave a comment:

• F-VHHH4
    replied
    How about my antenna is on a MSL 390 Meters ?

Leave a comment:

• lanzarote
    replied
    Originally posted by Anmer View Post
    850Km is the equivalent of 460 nautical miles.

In normal conditions, the curvature of the earth will restrict the range to approximately 250nm.

Typical range for aircraft at 40,000 feet is 245 nautical miles if the antenna is at sea level or 273nm if the antenna is at 500 feet. This assumes no obstacles to block the aircraft messages. In some favourable weather conditions the range can be greater but it is exceptional to get 460nm.

http://members.home.nl/7seas/radcalc.htm
    I didnīt know that site. I like this one http://www.heywhatsthat.com/

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Originally posted by F-VHHH4 View Post
    and looking for another 850KM Coverage.
    850Km is the equivalent of 460 nautical miles.

In normal conditions, the curvature of the earth will restrict the range to approximately 250nm.

Typical range for aircraft at 40,000 feet is 245 nautical miles if the antenna is at sea level or 273nm if the antenna is at 500 feet. This assumes no obstacles to block the aircraft messages. In some favourable weather conditions the range can be greater but it is exceptional to get 460nm.

Leave a comment:

• lanzarote
    replied
    In my island, the receiver at the top of a 614 meters high pick over sea level, no obstacles around, the max coverage has been 610 kilometers 360š. I have tried a 1090 MHz yagi antenna and no way to get better coverage.

Leave a comment:

• F-VHHH4
    replied
    This is a live map (Red is my radar station collected data)

It can get up to 244nm coverage. But southern side is not very well yet.VHHH2.PNG

Leave a comment:

• F-VHHH4
    replied
    Yes, I will check it out.
    By the way, do you try Yagi Antenna for 1090Mhz ? I will to add a antenna splitter to the southern side, and looking for another 850KM Coverage.
    Do you think that is possible ?

VHHH.PNG

Leave a comment:

• lanzarote
    replied
    I have installed a box, in one of my installations under the mast, keeping the receiver. You would bring the power and ethernet cable there.

Leave a comment:

• F-VHHH4
    replied
    How about use Yagi antenna ?

Leave a comment:

• F-VHHH4
    replied
    5 Meters is not possible for now, because the device is colo at house. and the Antenna is installed on the rooftop.

Leave a comment:

• lanzarote
    replied
    My experience, if you want to increase coverage is, the shortest possible antenna cable lenght. 5 meters long cable is the best option instead of changing the antenna.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X