1090Mhz Antenna , any better choose ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F-VHHH4 View Post
    By the way, I found the FR24 device is not active "ModeS".
    Does any one know what is that mean ?
    From what I understand, the FR24 receiver is not providing Mode-S only data on the local port.

These are decoded aircraft messages from aircraft that do not include positional data.

Typically, a Mode-S receiver will decode positional and non-positional data. Positional data can be plotted on a map to show the aircraft location. Non-positional data my be shown in a list with the aircraft hex code, flight ID, altitude, ground speed and possibly the squawk code.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

My experience, if you want to increase coverage is, the shortest possible antenna cable lenght. 5 meters long cable is the best option instead of changing the antenna.
      Covering the Canary Islands, Madeira & North West Africa
      F-GCRR1: 565 meters high. F-GCRR2: 614 meters high. F-GCRR3: 604 meters high.
      F-GCRR5: next to the airport. Improving Canary Islands and Western Sahara MLAT.
      F-GCRR6 (Ex-FGCRR4): 358 meters high. F-GCRR7 : 300 meters high.

Rafa - Lanzarote, Canary Islands, NW Africa - EA8APP

Comment

5 Meters is not possible for now, because the device is colo at house. and the Antenna is installed on the rooftop.

Comment

How about use Yagi antenna ?

Comment

I have installed a box, in one of my installations under the mast, keeping the receiver. You would bring the power and ethernet cable there.

Comment

Yes, I will check it out.
              By the way, do you try Yagi Antenna for 1090Mhz ? I will to add a antenna splitter to the southern side, and looking for another 850KM Coverage.
              Do you think that is possible ?

VHHH.PNG

Comment

This is a live map (Red is my radar station collected data)

It can get up to 244nm coverage. But southern side is not very well yet.VHHH2.PNG

Comment

In my island, the receiver at the top of a 614 meters high pick over sea level, no obstacles around, the max coverage has been 610 kilometers 360š. I have tried a 1090 MHz yagi antenna and no way to get better coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by F-VHHH4 View Post
                    and looking for another 850KM Coverage.
                    850Km is the equivalent of 460 nautical miles.

In normal conditions, the curvature of the earth will restrict the range to approximately 250nm.

Typical range for aircraft at 40,000 feet is 245 nautical miles if the antenna is at sea level or 273nm if the antenna is at 500 feet. This assumes no obstacles to block the aircraft messages. In some favourable weather conditions the range can be greater but it is exceptional to get 460nm.

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                      850Km is the equivalent of 460 nautical miles.

In normal conditions, the curvature of the earth will restrict the range to approximately 250nm.

Typical range for aircraft at 40,000 feet is 245 nautical miles if the antenna is at sea level or 273nm if the antenna is at 500 feet. This assumes no obstacles to block the aircraft messages. In some favourable weather conditions the range can be greater but it is exceptional to get 460nm.

http://members.home.nl/7seas/radcalc.htm
                      I didnīt know that site. I like this one http://www.heywhatsthat.com/

Comment

How about my antenna is on a MSL 390 Meters ?

Comment

Originally posted by lanzarote View Post
                          I didnīt know that site. I like this one http://www.heywhatsthat.com/
                          Thanks your website. That is very useful !! But that this seems don`t have building factors...

Comment

Originally posted by lanzarote View Post
                            I didnīt know that site. I like this one
                            Does that site take into account the curvature of the earth?
                            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                              Does that site take into account the curvature of the earth?
                              I think yes...but not sure.

Comment

Any tool is for VHF & UHF radio panorama ?

Comment

Working...
                                X