Airport - On Ground feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport - On Ground feature

Was loving the new "On Ground" feature for airports as a Premium member. However, the last few days it's only showing the last two arrivals "on the ground", which is as per the non-Premium membership...

Am I doing something wrong?!

regards
    Crewtags

Please read the note on FR24 facebook page.

"Flightradar24 needs to have coverage down to ground at an airport in order for this feature to work correctly. This feature will be rolled out on our apps in a coming release."
    "Need to have coverage down to about 1000-3000 feet in order to trigger "on ground", depending on distance to nearby airports, so aircraft are not assigned to wrong airport.
    https://www.facebook.com/flightradar...484080/?type=1
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-09-24, 18:23.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Clarification: on ground problem

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
      Please read the note on FR24 facebook page.

"Flightradar24 needs to have coverage down to ground at an airport in order for this feature to work correctly. This feature will be rolled out on our apps in a coming release."
      "Need to have coverage down to about 1000-3000 feet in order to trigger "on ground", depending on distance to nearby airports, so aircraft are not assigned to wrong airport.
      Hi Brian, many thanks for the quick reply. I think you've mis-understood what I'm getting at though :-) For instance Gatwick Airport, my local, which has 100% coverage: when the feature was turned on, on 16th September, I could see a list of about 30 aircraft all noted (correctly) as "on the ground". I was so excited, I rang my friend, who's not a Premium member, to tell him about it. He looked but could only see 2 aircraft listed as "on ground" - i.e. the last two arrivals.. This turned out to be correct as he doesn't have a Premium account.

So: for last few days I can only see 2 aircraft at any given airport when using the "on ground" feature - i.e. the non-premium view... and that's my problem!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crewtags View Post
        So: for last few days I can only see 2 aircraft at any given airport when using the "on ground" feature - i.e. the non-premium view... and that's my problem!!!
        Email Support@FR24.com. The forum isn't constantly monitored by FR24 and you will get a ticket number for your email message.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
          Email Support@FR24.com. The forum isn't constantly monitored by FR24 and you will get a ticket number for your email message.
          Thanks Anmer & Brian :-) Email duly sent!
          rgds
          Dave :-)
          Last edited by crewtags; 2014-09-24, 19:14. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Can confirm this has now been fixed (very promptly!) by the tech-people.... and it's better than before! Click on Farnborough or Luton to see what i mean ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by crewtags View Post
              Can confirm this has now been fixed (very promptly!) by the tech-people.... and it's better than before! Click on Farnborough or Luton to see what i mean ;-)
              Fantastic, I was not even aware of this feature, I regularly track aircraft down onto the ground at Farnborough as I am on high ground almost overlooking the runway.
              Ben. (See my station ID)
              FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

I think that there was a session issue on one of the database servers yesterday that probably affected this.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
                  Fantastic, I was not even aware of this feature, I regularly track aircraft down onto the ground at Farnborough as I am on high ground almost overlooking the runway.
                  Ben. (See my station ID)
                  We strongly recommend to follow us on Facebook or Twitter for latest news about FR24.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    We strongly recommend to follow us on Facebook or Twitter for latest news about FR24.
                    I have avoided all forms of "social networking" untill a few days ago, because my son is interested in taking up gliding I have had to sign up with FaceBook as that is what the youth group uses for all its communications, so I will try the FR24 feed and see how it is.
                    Ben.
                    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
                      I have avoided all forms of "social networking" untill a few days ago, because my son is interested in taking up gliding I have had to sign up with FaceBook as that is what the youth group uses for all its communications, so I will try the FR24 feed and see how it is.
                      Ben.
                      well....no need for "social networking"

Screenshot_1.jpg
                      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

You can have account on social media and not use them for personal posts. I have accounts on FB and Twitter with fake names, no picture and other fake data, just to have an account and be able to keep me updated with news.

Comment

For the people that want to avoid all forms of "social networking" signing up social accounts,etc...

You can use RSS feed reader software.

Use this RSS link for FR24 Facebook page in any of those RSS feed reader software.
                          http://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.p...11607872211978
                          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Working...
                          X