missing flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing flights

Hello all, hope this hasnt been answered yet, I have tried to search for an answer but nothing yet. My question why is for example Delta airlines flight 150 and 151 are missing when they get out of US coverage or only appear when they return to the US every day, heading southbound to SPIM the same things happen when heading to SCEL. This only happens with Delta Airlines, all other carriers appear when they have coverage on the route. thanks

The one doing today's flight. The aircraft isn't equipped with ADS-B.
    Most likely the tracking data is coming from the FAA server (ASDI). The FAA data feed is limited to their coverage area only. The radar code for the FAA feed is T-F5M on FR24

Check this page, FR24 needs to receive the data from the ADS-B Transponder if the aircraft is equipped with one, or from another data source like FAA ASDI feed.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

If you have the tail numbers for the aircraft for those flights & other flights, We can research it some more.
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-09-23, 18:09.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Thanks for your answer, first I thought that there might have been some restriction by delta, but now that you say it, it surprises me that delta hasnt fitted ADS-B in all of their 767-300 which does the route.

Comment

Originally posted by JIASM View Post
        it surprises me that delta hasnt fitted ADS-B in all of their 767-300 which does the route.
        They don't have to fit them until 2020 per FAA regs. Delta, being the lean spendthrifts that they are, don't spend money until they have to.

Some of their B763s have CPDLC for the trans-Atlantic haul - since that saves them money! Reduced nav fees and better routing. No such advantages at present with ADS-B.

Their B764s came from the factory with ADS-B, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by mimku View Post
          They don't have to fit them until 2020 per FAA regs. Delta, being the lean spendthrifts that they are, don't spend money until they have to.

Some of their B763s have CPDLC for the trans-Atlantic haul - since that saves them money! Reduced nav fees and better routing. No such advantages at present with ADS-B.

Their B764s came from the factory with ADS-B, I believe.
          By then they probably will have left the fleet...

Comment

Working...
          X